Chapter 36

Becky's POV

NEXT DAY

I went to work early after driving Emily to school when my phone rang, it's Richie.

Hello--

I'm back in Thailand. Where are you?.

At work, duh. You should've called mom or dad to go get you.

Uhm well, I actually wanted to ask you about something. It's about Freen, I heard she's--

My eyebrow literally raised in just milliseconds.

My wife is fine. She'll recover soon.

Your wife?.

Well, not yet but she will be. So back off.

Woah woah, chill sis. She's all yours, gosh. But would it hurt if I go for a visit?. I mean--

I can see that he's teasing me and I'm obviously not happy about it.

Hurt?. Well, dare do something stupid and hurt will be an understatement.

O-or not. I-I just remembered I'm jetlagged so uh--I better rest then hehe. Bye Bec. See you soon.

EOC

Tsk. I'm pretty sure he'll just try to flirt with Freen or something to piss me off.

Gosh, everybody just wanted to have her as their girlfriend. Well, that's a no brainer right?. Freen is a catch.

..

Nita's POV

I was just fixing some files in my office when,

*Knock knock knock*

"It's open." I said as I try to find my pen.

A guy that looks like a bodyguard opened the door and an old elegant lady came in and next to her is is--

I can't believe it, it's really my idol Freen. She's in a wheelchair pushed by the other bodyguard as he shut the door behind him.

But gosh, I can't stop staring at Freen. She still looks beautiful as ever.

"Eherm eherm." Grandma fake coughed.

"Y-yeah, uhm good morning Ma'am. I'm Dr. Nita, a speech pathologist. How may I help you?." I said politely.

"Can you teach her how to dance?. Of course we're here to ask your help and make her speak again. What do you think we're here for?." She said sarcastically.

G, she's scary.

"O-of course."

[ Speech-language pathologists (SLPs) work to prevent, assess, diagnose, and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive-communication, and swallowing disorders in children and adults.

Speech therapy can help with communication and swallowing problems due to brain injury, including speech, language and cognitive-communication challenges.

As a result, nearly any function affected by brain injury (including speech) has the potential to be relearned and recovered. Many brain injury survivors regain their ability to speak by promoting neuroplasticity. ]

"We're also looking for a physical therapist." Grandma said.

"M-my cousin is perfect for the job Ma'am. His office is just right next door." I told her.

Well, Nick is so damn lucky if that's the case.

"Would consider that." She seriously said.

[ The physical therapist will work with the patient to encourage autonomous movement, such as changing position in bed. This will build up to passive movements, in which the therapist will help the patient begin to move their arms and legs, or sit up in bed.

A traumatic brain injury can cause problems in memory, cognition, language and motor skills.

How can fine motor skills be affected following brain injury? Either one or both hands can be affected in a number of ways, including: muscles may be stiff and difficult to move. movement may be jerky or clumsy and difficult to coordinate. ]

"C-can I now take some tests on her Ma'am?." I said with shaking hands.

She just shook her head.

I can't believe she's Freen's grandmother. They have completely different personalities. I'm guessing she didn't raised Freen.

..

Nick's POV

After examining the patient,

"Good news Madame, your granddaughter here have a higher potential for recovery from this paralyzed state. Probably in just few weeks or months, she'll be fine. As you can see, she can now move two of her fingers." I optimistically told her.

Grandma smiled the moment she noticed,

"R-right. She can now move it." She appreciatively said, happy for her beloved granddaughter.

"Well, about the blank stare--I'm not really confident when it comes to that case but it's probably just a response to the trauma. Although this is not primarily part of my specialization , but we'll still monitor that as well. Possibly more often than usual or could just ask some colleagues for second opinion." I sincerely said.

"Anything that's best for my dear granddaughter Freen." She said as she held the patient's hand in a hopeful manner.

Hmm Freen. I swear I heard her name somewhere. She also kinda look familiar. Anyways,

"About the schedule Madame, here's my calling card. Well, I don't usually go to my patient's residences for private therapy but for the patient's convenience, it would be an honor to come. I'm usually free from 7-8AM, while my cousin is free from 5-6PM." I politely told her.

"Well then, see you starting tomorrow Doctor." Grandma said as she accepted my card.

..

Becky's POV

LUNCH BREAK

I finally bumped into Freen and Grandma after inquiring in the hospital for Freen's treatment and therapy.

Grandma decided that we eat at a nearby restaurant even though my lunch break is only 30 minutes. I really don't have much schedule for this afternoon so not really big of a deal, besides this is time for Freen.

"The male Doctor seems fine, but his cousin Dr. Nita seems a little I don't know, fishy." Grandma shared as we eat and Freen is fed through nasogastric tube that they carry everywhere they go.

"W-what do you mean Grandma?."

Well, I know Dr. Nita. She's our top Pathologist in the Hospital.

"I figured that you might be uncomfortable about having her to treat Freen. I mean they said she's the best in her field but by the looks of how she stared and touch Freen during examinations, I don't think--" Grandma explained.

"Y-yeah, she is the best. B-but I don't think she's some kind of threat. She's just doing her job, I guess. M-maybe you're just overthinking Grandma." I said, trying to rationalize the situation. I mean maybe Grandma just misunderstood it, Dr. Nita is probably just doing her job.

"Y-yeah, I guess I am. I mean the relationship you built together with Freen is too precious to lose. I don't think I could bare seeing one of you breaking."

"Well, you have nothing to worry about Grandma because I will make sure that no hearts will break, but bones will." I said and Grandma just drank with a huge gulp.