Neteyam

Neteyam. His ocean blue skin and gorgeous amber eyes fall upon my helpless body, and even despite the circumstances he still flashes me his handsome smile that reminds me how I fell in love with him. The way his fingers twitch on the pole he was stood upon, and the wrap of his tail that I knew so well against my own. His pointed canine teeth that loved to gently sink into the skin on my neck, shoulders and back when it was just the two of us, teasing me effortlessly. Even down to the muscles that were taught over his chest and stomach, giving him that toned athletic body he had aquired from his years with the Omatikaya. All of it, the picture of my true love.

He leaps down onto the deck beside me and takes a few strides to my side, surveying the situation before him as a kind hand falls on my lower back. His fingers dart to the long knife he kept in his belt, pulling it from its sheath and towards my restraints. "No, help the others first." I breathe, meeting his eyes once more with soft tears. I had been so worried about him, and now, seeing him before me, I realised that there was nobody on this planet that I ever cared more about.

Sure, Tsireya and the baby were a close second. But they weren't him.

He seems unsure of my words, but when I nod my head once more to reassure him, he leaps away from me and rounds over on Tsireya. With a little saw motion, his knife glides through the restraints and frees her, letting her rub her wrists as he stepped towards Lo'ak.

Their previous feud seemed to have been long forgotten about, as another playful smile lands on his perfect lips. "Hey, baby brother. Need some help?" His words were taunting, though there was no anger behind them. Even though they were said directly for Lo'ak's annoyance, the younger boy can't seem to find it in him to scowl, only smile at his savior.

Neteyam cuts through the restraints, just as Lo'ak responds. "Shut up." But they were both chuckling. "Who's the mighty warrior? Come on, say it." Neteyam continues, putting his hand on Lo'ak's head which he knew the boy hated so much, and rubs it. Lo'ak can't stop smiling, though bats Neteyam's hand away once he's free.

My husband moves onto Tuk, giving her a reassuring smile before he once more steps before me, quickly cutting through my restraints and freeing me. I don't even bother to wait for him to cut through the second one before my hands have clasped around his face. We push our lips together furiously, the fear and worry fuelling the kiss long before the relief and love can cut through it.

"I- I thought you could have been dead." I murmur against his lips, pulling away to look at him. He was completely unharmed, though his attention flew to a small cut I had recieved somewhere along the lines on my forehead. I didn't feel it. Before he can reach out to touch it, I've flung my arms around his neck and pulled us into a tight embrace, letting Neteyam take my weight and stand us up.

"Come on, Ina! We have to go!" Tsireya's desperate voice shouts, pulling me out of the moment. The ecstacy drains from my body, remembering what was going on around me. Tuk has Reya's hand clutched tightly in her own, and Lo'ak was stood behind Neteyam, waiting for us to part before he spoke.

"They've got Spider. We've gotta get him," Lo'ak explains, a newly found gun sat in his hands. "Come on." Neteyam looks to me, my hand glued tightly to his in a vice like grip. He can't leave, not again. He has to stay here, help us get out of here. I know his parents will be counting on us to get Tuk to safety. And-

I need him.

He seems to contemplate Lo'ak's words, glancing between us all as if he was trying to find the best solution. 'Come with us,' I think to myself, 'Come with us and then we'll all be safe.' But I can't let the words fall from my mouth. I hadn't heard much about Spider, but I knew enough. He was like a sibling to them, a best friend. I couldn't make Neteyam choose between us and him.