Chapter 5 ㉨

Mikey didn't really love Big Mama as a mom. As a matter of fact he felt no love for her at all he hated her so much. But that was now. When he was mutated by Draxum for Big Mama 10 years after Raphael and 9 years after Leonardo and Donatello he loved Big Mama as a mother. Big Mama tried raising him as a warrior and killer but instead she got a creative and unbreakable child with high spirit. But that wasn't enough for her.

Once Mikey was three he still wasn't the warrior Big Mama wanted so she punished him every time he disobeyed or accidentally did something wrong. She threw things at him and she even went as far as cutting and burning him but his spirit could never be broken he was a tough kid but the pain did overwhelm him and caused him to break down whenever someone moved an object, lifted a hand, or walked towards him. One day he was leaving his room and another turtle kind of like him but taller and different species walked past his room.

Mikey became curious and he followed the turtle and he was headed towards the exit. The turtle had noticed Mikey was following him and when Mikey stopped paying attention he took the chance to sneak behind Mikey. Mikey felt the presence and he turned around and stepped back in a defensive stance but when he saw it was the turtle he relaxed. The turtle raised his hand and Mikey panicked and he fell to the floor and curled up into a ball and tears dripped from his eyes. The older turtle froze at how the younger turtle reacted and he decided to try a different approach and he pulled Mikey close to him and rubbed the back of his head in a reassuring way.

" It's ok, I'm not here to hurt you I promise.." He whispered softly

Mikey slowly looked up his hands still trembling. " W-why are you being so nice?.." Mikey questioned

" I have no reason to be mean. You're not my enemy or an adult." the turtle cupped Mikey's face and wiped the tears.

"What's your name?.." Mikey felt much more comfortable

"I'm Leonardo, Leo for short. And you are?"

" I...I don't have a name.." Mikey looked down

"That's alright, not everyone has a name." Leo patted his head

Mikey smiled at the kind actions of Leo. When Leo had left that day it went back to pain and sadness and Mikey wished he had followed Leo out but the guards would definitely notice him and drag him back to Big Mama. Mikey had noticed that Leo was here often, when he found out Leo fought in the colosseum he asked Big Mama to let him watch and she agreed thinking he was finally interested in being a strong warrior. That was never the case. He thought of Leo as his brother and seeing him fighting all those yokai and winning made Mikey happy. And the only reason he was happy was because of the joy and happiness on Leo's face when he won.

Then suddenly, he stopped showing up and Mikey would always ask "When is Leo going to fight?" he never got a reply. He waited and waited but nothing. He never showed up again and Mikey grew sad and he refused to do anything. Once he was five Big Mama decided to try and train him one last time, he picked up the weapon she gave him but Mikey grew angry suddenly and threw it at her.

"I don't want to do this! I'm tired of you trying to turn me into a warrior! Let me have a normal life for once, let me eat, let me play, let me be happy!" He broke into tears and clenched his fists tightly

"So you choose to disobey me. Well then guards you know what to do, bring him back to me when your done." She stared at Mikey as if she wanted him dead

The guards grabbed Mikey and dragged him out of the room Mikey tried fighting back as he screamed and cried and kicked. It was no use but then he saw that familiar face. Leo stood down the hall staring at Mikey and when Leo tried to run up to the guards to grab Mikey from them Leo was held back by two more guards and Big Mama stood behind him with a grin.

" What are you doing to him?!" Leo yelled at Big Mama as she walked in front of him

"Punishing him. He refuses to be a warrior so whatever happens to him happens."

Leo watched as Mikey was dragged out of sight then the guards let him go and he couldn't believe that Mikey was dealing with this. Then he realized exactly why Mikey reacted in such a way when he reached to him when they first met and why Mikey asked why he was being nice. Mikey had never been treated so lovingly by somebody before. Big Mama made Leo go back home but he was stuck with the guilt of not being there for him and not realizing sooner.

After Mikey's cruel punishment he could barely stand or even move his arms and blood dripped from his lip because he had bit down on it hard enough for his teeth to pierce through. Big Mama threw an orange hoodie at him and he put it on then he was given a bandaid for his lip. Mikey stumbled as Big Mama led him into an alleyway, she said she'd be back but she never came and for some reason this made him sad and he paced around crying. That is when he met Raphael.

Mikey woke up from his dream with tears running down his face Donnie was still up and he saw the tears rolling down Mikey's face. He got up and sat on the couch with Mikey and he crawled over to Donnie and laid against his side. Donnie didn't really know how to deal with this situation so he put his arm around Mikey and held him close like Raph would do when he himself was upset.

"It's okay, It was just a bad dream." Donnie reassured him

Mikey wiped the tears from his face and snuggled into Donnie and he thought 'I wish it was all just a bad dream...' Mikey closed his eyes and went back to sleep. Donnie smiled at Mikey with soft eyes, having a younger brother to comfort made him feel warm inside.