1. Pilot

The second week of the school year is when things get done.

The first week is more for organizational purposes and for asking every student what they did in the summer. It's like the calm before the storm.

So when the week ended, nobody was ready.

After the bell rings, the students expect work to be thrown at them, but instead, they were greeted by a voice coming from the intercom.

"Good morning, my students and teachers! Welcome to your second week of school. After the tragic news of the leaving of our beloved now former teacher Mr. Nozomi, I feel like it is my duty as your principal to support all of my students during this time. Just so all of you know, my office doors are always open. I highly encourage everybody to visit me and talk to me about anything and everything! I wish everyone luck for this school year." His speech ends.

Class starts, and all they can do now is wait. They all want it to end for different reasons. To eat lunch, to talk to a friend, to go to the bathroom, or to speak to the principal to discuss a certain club.

-

"I want to take over the Cooperation Club," Y/n says to the principal looking directly at him.

He sits there speechless.

"I think I can make it important and impactful for this school. For years it hasn't been achieving it's meant purpose to help the school improve, but instead, it has become a club for slackers to get easy extra credit-" she continues her speech, but the principal doesn't listen.

Instead, he zones out and thinks of the original creator of the Corp club, Nozomi. The memory of him made the principal sad since he always considered him a close friend before he left the way he did. He zones back in not wanting to remember him.

"So what do you think?" she asks him and expects an immediate answer from the principal.

"I uhm, what were you talking about?"

"The Coorparation club. I want to take it over now that Mr. Nozomi has left." Y/n answers.

"Oh, L/n... I'm not sure about this. You know he just left and he was a big part of the school. I think it's a bit insensitive to try to replace him so soon..." he explains to her sincerely, but it doesn't convince Y/n.

"What big part of the school was he a part of? The spend all of the school budget club committee?" she answers him in a sarcastic tone which offends the principal.

"Uhm... excuse me? How would you know? You're just a first-year. You haven't even met the man!" he says, now angry.

"I know enough about him to know that his leaving was the best thing that ever happened to this school," she responds. The principal looks away at this statement.

"The only reason he was here as long as he was is because of you." the principal begins to feel guilty.

"You're way too attached to him. Actually, maybe you're the problem." Y/n tilts her head at her realization. "I mean... you're the principal. You're the head of the school, but you let a tiny man like Nozomi spend 50% of the school budget on the marching band, cheer club, and theatre club. The freaking theatre club! I mean? Have you seen the food that they serve here? It's mediocre at best."

"But.. the chicken nuggets are good..." He adds in an attempt to defend himself.

"Yes, they are very delicious, but the list ends there. We cannot rely on sport anymore. They're the only thing that makes us stand out. Who are we without sport?" She asks, making him contemplate everything.