Mixed feelings

Morning came quickly.

Casey stirred, the early morning light peeked through the blinds in Matt's living room. There were clothes still discarded on the floor, the coffee table, and underneath the two of them. They were still holding each other, Matt still sleeping and barely awake himself. The fuzzy sensation he felt holding onto Matt was surreal. This wasn't what he had planned when going to hang out with his best friend, hell, it wasn't something he had thought would happen... ever really.

Casey knew he was attracted to guys, but he never saw Matt that way. He was an attractive guy, but not someone he had fantasized about or ever considered in that way. He just didn't. But now? They were cuddled up together naked on Matt's couch. Were they... boyfriends now? The thought made him blush to himself and squeeze Matt a little tighter. But, wait, he was getting ahead of himself. Matt has always been a 'dude'. A 'bro'. He was into the girls and Casey knew that. He never expressed any interest in guys, not to Casey anyway. But neither did he the other way around, really.

He was thinking too hard about it. Though, he just didn't want this to be a one time "we just were caught up in a weird moment" type thing. He wouldn't mind- actually, he would adore if they were a couple. They already have so much in- Stop. His mind was racing frantically about 'ifs' 'buts' and 'what ifs'. He snapped out of it when Matt stirred somewhat, inhaling through his nose like he had been holding his breath for some time now.

Casey felt Matt move as he tried to sit up slightly. He was moving so slightly, trying not to wake the sleeping boy on his chest. Swelled with anxiety on his thoughts, Casey pretended to still be sleeping. More corpse-like, as he didn't react in the slightest to Matt gently moving him as he got up and began shuffling through the room. He lay there with his eyes closed for a while longer, Matt's footsteps slowly walking around, then out of the room, then back again. Before the steps approached him. The thumps of Matt's steps drew closer, he swore he could feel him standing over him.

Casey tensed up slightly when he felt something touch his back, only to feel a blanket cover his body. Matt's steps inched away, leaving Casey back to his thoughts. After a short while, he no longer heard anything at all. When he felt he had pretended to sleep long enough he opened his eyes and sat up off the couch slowly. The scattered clothes were gone, and a neatly folded stack of clothes that were not his sat on the coffee table. He looked at them for a moment before he reached out and separated the shirt and boxers from the pants. He recognized the pants, these were his, now clean from the spilled coffee and smelling of Matt's laundry soap. The shirt and undergarment were not his. He was going to wear them regardless, they were purposefully stacked after all.

He put on the red, soft boxers. Zipped up his jeans then unfolded the t-shirt left for him to wear. It was a black shirt, with bold letters that read: METALLICA. He smirked. Matt knows he doesn't really listen to metal music. Just as he finished dressing, Matt could be heard walking down the hallway.

Casey froze. He was out of the lustful trance from the night before, he wasn't even sure how to greet Matt. Should he hug him? Give him a kiss? Say "Thanks for cumming in my mouth last night,"? Before he could decide, Matt emerged from the hallway. He dressed in worn black jeans and a red checkered flannel with a black shirt peeking out underneath, both covered by his brown leather jacket. He was holding an extra pair of socks in one hand.

Casey just stood awkwardly a few steps from that couch. He tried to relax his shoulders and take a breath, smiling a bit looking at Matt, whose expression was hard to read. They both just stood now, looking at each other up and down.

"Here's some socks, I put the rest of your clothes in the wash," he said, holding out the folded ball of socks toward Casey.

"O-oh thanks," his response falling out of his mouth a tad bit too quickly, before leading to a quiet that made him terribly uncomfortable. He clenched the socks and sat down and began putting them on. His eyes darted quickly back to Matt's face, as if trying to catch a glimpse of what he should feel himself. Matt was slightly standing to the side now, turning away shifting his weight side to side. He then turned and met eyes with Casey, who just fitted the second sock on and was standing up from the couch again. He cleared his throat lightly,