chapter 10

author's pov,

"When I said sit, you sit; when I said stand, do what I said. I own you; it would take your whole life to pay me back, so be grateful to me. obey me. Do you understand?" he said. Sarah's eyes filled with tears. She tried to gather all her strength to hold back her tears. but it didn't work. She was again feeling helpless in front of Ricardo. She married a monster, she thought to herself. Ricardo released her arms and stepped back, showing his disgust.

"Don't do that. There's no way your tearful eyes would ever work on me," he said.

With her tearful eyes, Sarah looked at him with a gaze full of hatred, breathing heavily. So did Ricardo; both had so much hatred for each other. Their bodies were tense, and their fists were clenched, ready to strike at any moment. The environment was filled with an intense energy that could be felt by anyone who entered.

"Sir, I've got the files," Garner interrupted. Richardo left the corridor and went to his office.

sarah quickly wiped her tears away and fixed her posture. She knew that she couldn't let Ricardo see her weakness. She took a deep breath and followed Garner and Ricardo to the office. As she walked, she tried to calm herself down and focus on the task at hand. She couldn't let her emotions get in the way of her work.

"Are you okay?" he asked. just those words, enough for her to cry harder. She nodded, wiping her tears. Gareth looked at her face, which was holding her tears, and she was biting her lips, her tears couldn't stop escaping.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Summarise these files today only." Ricardo threw a bunch of thick files on her desk. She looked at those files and started counting them; there were 14 files. She grabbed one of them and flipped it randomly. She saw the last page number. It was page number 789. and that was the thinnest file of all them. horrified by just looking at the page numbers, she looked at him.

"Sir, don't you think it's to- "

"Summarise it today only; I need the summary tomorrow morning, at any cost. I won't care" he said cutting her off, mid-sentence.

she stared at those files for a moment and stared at him, who was working on his desk. she grabbed the file in rage and stared flipping the pages aggressively.

"those are the original files, if something happens you will be held liable he said without looking at her:". she gently fixes the papers. and continues to do her work. Ricardo smiled to himself, the original papers were under his desk.

A/N NOTE

hi guys! its been a while, i know some of you might be frustrated right now cuz i was not updating, i'll try my best. i have finals this week, so i've been preparing for it. so i expect a lil patience from you guys. and im really glad that you guys are reading my story. so see you soon (spoiler alert: with most toe wrenching,disturbing, sinful book you've ever read)

THANKYOU AND TAKE CARE EVERYONE