𝐬𝐢𝐱

_______________________
𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹 : 𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭
_______________________

when she entered the plane, hattie looked around and saw katniss and beetee unconscious but with oxygen masks on. "oh, thank god." hattie bent down and kissed the girl on the forehead, before standing back up and walking towards the door. it automatically slid open when she was close, and inside was haymitch, plutarch, and finnick.

"hey, baby girl." haymitch sighed. "what... what in the world is happening right now." hattie barely asked, but stated. "well—" finnick started, but she cut them off. "i don't care, i need y'all to beam up cypress." "beam up?" finnick asked. "or whatever technical term. get him up here." "but—" plutarch started, but again, got cut off. "i will jump out of this plane if he is not in here within 20 seconds." plutarch spared a glance at haymitch, and he just mumbled, "i wouldn't mess with her. katniss might not cooperate even more without her around."

plutarch looked back down at the table in between the three men, about the size of a pool table, and tapped on a couple things. "he should be up in 10." plutarch smiled at her. she didn't return the gesture. "woah ! that was so cool !" they heard from the next room, and hattie just slightly shook her head. "good to know he has barely changed." haymitch nodded. a couple moments later, the tall boy walked in and saw haymitch. "hey, man !" "hey, kid." they did a bro shake, and patted one another on the backs. "guys, this is cypress trinket." haymitch introduced.

"you're effie's kid?" finnick asked, and cypress nodded. "okay, yeah, great getting to know my best friend, and everything, but, why are we here?" the men all looked at each other, then at the boy and girl. "johanna and peeta got captured by the capitol." haymitch said. hattie let in a breath through her nose, and her eyes crinkled in fear.

"...no. no, they didn't." "they did. i'm sorry, sweetie." haymitch shook his head.

hattie remembered when she was a child, her father would sometimes take her to the places he worked outside his office. she would always get so excited, until they arrived. she would find people in beds, screaming for help, being chained to the gurneys, and looking as if they had gotten beaten up. but her father told her it was all part of his job to create peace. later did she realize that he was torturing every last one of those people. she shivered at the thought of it.

hattie took a moment to close her eyes and breathe. she felt cypress's hand touch her back lightly, and she felt her breath get shaky. "did.. did he last long?" "with that machete, i would sure hope so." finnick chuckled. "...okay. what do we need to do? i'll do anything." "atta girl." haymitch mumbled, turning to plutarch. "well, katniss is our source. she's the mockingjay. we have to get her to do a lot of the pushing. you'll mostly be here to support her and be the voice of reason. but anything in addition to help would be appreciated." right as he said that, hattie remembered what the weight in her hoodie pocket was.

"i may have something..."

« « « » » »

hattie laid out her same grey notebook out on the table and started to flip through. at least half of the pages were filled. "since my father announced the twist of the 3rd quarter quell, i've been writing in this journal. it has tactics, it has predictions, it has weaknesses, strengths, every single thing that i know and have learned about my father and the districts is all in here." she said. plutarch flipped through the pages, skimming them one by one, until he looked up at her.