Chapter-23

"Will you stop with the sugar?" I heard my father speak up from behind me and I finally let go of the spoon that had previously been stirring spoonfuls of sugar at a time in the cup of tea in front of me

I took a seat in front of him as the rest of my family surrounded me, everyone sat at the kitchen counter. I didn't take a sip of the tea, after six spoons of sugar it had become more of just a cup of sugar with some tea in it.

"Can you start talking please." Emilio spoke. I shuddered and turned towards Kai who was sitting right beside me. "You don't have to do anything. У нас есть планы побега, скажи только слово." (We have escape plans, just say the word.)

As much as I wanted to accept his offer, I knew it was time to face the circus, so I held his hand under the table and gave it a squeeze, "There's a lot to cover actually." I said as I looked at my family. "We're ready to listen."

I look at my father, his eyes big and curious, "I don't think you are." he furrowed his brows. "Why?" I let out a humorless laugh, "Cause it has a lot to do with her." I say as I look towards his wedding ring that he still wore.

"No matter what, I need to know everything." he said. Well, I tried to warn him. "The earliest I can remember is when I was six. I can't really remember the first time it happened really, just that it had always happened." "What had always happened?" he asked, urging me to continue.

"The hitting, the cursing, the....the torture." I finally said, I kept my gaze strictly on the cup in my hands. "Maria was an abusive woman, physically, emotionally, se-... you know." I couldn't bring myself to say the last part in front of them. "Although the last part wasn't her, she was just the one who would tie me up to the bed and gag me, it was her boyfriends or whatever client they had for the night."

"Client?" Emilio's voice, I look up towards my eldest brother his pale face looking back at me, like he knew the answer but wanted to stay in denial. I let a small sorrowful smile fall on my lips, "When I was thirteen I cost one thousand us dollars for one night, the price went lower as I grew up. Rich men are sick bastards big surprise." I heard gagging noises from the other end of the table to see that ermes had a hand in front of his mouth trying to stop himself from throwing up.

"Other than that, it was the regular punches, kicks, throwing me down the stairs, using their beer bottles, god, those hurt, those ones hurt the most. Starving was the most common, but as it turns out if you are a little girl begging for any scrap of food, at least someone would take pity on you."

"No." a voice came and I turned to see Alvise standing near the door, his hands on his hip as he shook his head, trying to convince himself that what he heard wasn't true. He was still in denial? How the fuck can someone have so much trust in another person. "What?"

"No...no this can't be hap..." he trailed of as his eyes glazed, almost as if he was lost in memory. "Al-." Emilio began but I cut him off standing up from my seat. "You think I'm lying. You think I like doing this? You think this is fun for me?" my voice increasing in volume as I spoke.