CHAPTER 19

Falcon hadn't been asleep for longer than a couple of hours when Danica screamed for help, scaring the hell out of him. He sat up fast and shook her gently to wake her up and bring her out of whatever terrifying dream she was having.

"Wake up Dani!" he called out to her with a raised tone, so she would hear him. "It's okay, baby. You're safe. Come back to me...that's it..." He kissed her forehead and waited for her eyes to adjust and recognize where she was.

Danica sat up in bed and buried her face in her hands. "God damn it, Falcon. I'm sorry."

"Hey now, I get it. Lay down here with me." He held his arms out and waited for her to crawl into them. She laid so close to him her erratic heartbeat thumped against his chest.

"I hate this shit. The whole house suffers because of my crazy," she said as tears stung her eyes.

Falcon rubbed her back, making soothing circles on her skin. "I was thinking that maybe you could talk to Naya or Melanie about your night terrors. You've been under a lot of stress, honey."

Danica had already talked to shrinks and all types of natural healers and they all said the same thing, she had to calm her inner chaos and deal with what she had gone through, and it would help her to some degree.

"I could always go stay at Bexley's apartment at night. I hate this. I hate the looks of pity I get in the morning from everyone. I'm not crazy, just a little broken, Falcon." She sat up and leaned across him to turn the lamp on. She wanted to see his face and his reaction to what she said. "I have pieces missing and I don't know if I'll ever find them again. The shit with Vaughn and losing the baby really got to me but not in the way that you would expect."

"Oh? Well tell me then."

Danica took a moment to consider if she should open her soul to the man in front of her. Deciding she had nothing to lose she began to speak. "I didn't want Vaughn's baby. I was glad I lost it. I know that makes me the most horrible woman in the world but it's the truth. I had a crush on him when I was fifteen, puppy love or whatever the hell you call that shit but I have never loved him or any other man I have been with...until you."

Falcon let out the breath he had been holding. "Shit baby, I was scared thinking that what you said a few hours ago was all in my head."

She leaned in and kissed him. "You know what, life is too short and unpredictable, especially our lives. I do love you, Falcon. I don't know when it happened, but it did. Don't break my heart, okay? I can take anything life throws my way but not you breaking my heart. That I won't be able to take."

Falcon embraced her tight and kissed her neck. "I'll cherish and treasure your heart. I'll keep it safe and guarded, Danica. Just trust me, trust us and all will run smoothly."

Danica made it down a little after ten in the morning. Falcon had left her a note on her pillow telling her he had business to take care of and he would be back when he could.

It wasn't easy knowing that the man she loved was out there beating the life out of someone or placing his life in danger for the Fallen Angels. Every day that he made it home was truly a blessing and that was how Danica decided she would look at it. Falcon was her blessing. He was her rock and her strength when she was weak, and he loved her what more could she ask for? It seemed that life might just let up on her and Danica couldn't help but have a little bit of dread mixed in with her happiness.

Vaughn was in the kitchen when she walked in to get her morning coffee.

"Morning Dani, how'd you sleep? I heard you last night. You alright?" Vaughn asked her with a look in his eyes that she couldn't quite place.