18

SALVAGE YARD, AFRICAN COAST

Tony summoned me into the cockpit, around five minutes prior to landing. He handed me a tablet, a blueprint on the screen.

"This the ship?" I asked.

He nodded. "Swipe left for more detailed pictures. You're going to be transporting us into the ship."

"For stealth purposes," clarified Barton.

"Right," I mumbled, leaning my shoulder against the entrance.

Four pictures appeared on the tablet. One was a blueprint. The other ones were of the finished product, from an overhead view and two of the sides.

"Natasha and Steve are going to be dropped on top first, to clear the deck, I assume," I said.

"Actually," called Steve from his seat, "I hadn't thought of the plan yet, but that's a good start."

"Call it, Cap. You've got five minutes 'til we land," said Barton.

Steve walked to the center, projecting his voice accordingly. "Our job is finding Ulysses Klaw, or Ultron, if he's there. Stark and I will drop first to clear the deck. He, Thor and I will start at starboard and follow the ship straight through the middle. Barton, Clara, Romanoff, you'll cover the stairwells and hallways."

Barton called, "What about the twins?"

"Keep them out of our way, if you can," said Steve, "We need to find out what the vibranium is for. That's the goal."

"And remember, I'm accessible with the call of 'Code Green,'" reminded Bruce heartily.

Barton started to descend from the air. I held on to the wall. A jolt rocked the jet, then the engines fired down.

Steve's hand rested on my back. A reassuring smile on his lips, he told me to start when I was ready.

With the tablet in one hand for help with locations, I visualized the starboard of the ship. I curled my fingers, opening a small portal in front of my eyes, checking first to see that the location was correct. I stretched it, allowing Steve and Tony to jump through and clear the deck.

Five minutes later, Steve reported that the deck was clear. Thor stepped through the opened portal. I closed it behind him.

I focused on opening another inside the ship, at the opposite end. On the third level, in a broom closet, a portal opened.

Multiple voices were speaking in Wakandan. Sounds of a workshop drifted through the closed door.

"I count four," whispered Natasha.

"We'll split it," Barton told her, "Is that okay, Clara?"

Although I was a little peeved about being excluded on the action, I agreed. The hesitation made sense. Excluding Steve and Nat, the remaining members had never worked with me. They didn't trust in me yet.

On the count of three, Natasha jumped through the portal, kicked open the door, and attacked with her Widow Bites. Barton followed, firing arrows at the remaining people.

"Clear," called Barton.

I carefully set the tablet on a seat before I hopped through the portal myself.

With an arrow docked in his bow and her tasers charged, Barton and Natasha stepped in synchronization down the hallways of the ship.

Any unlucky man or woman who stepped into their path was stung with electricity, or shot with a electrified arrow.