Dear Bird,

⚠️TW: talk of r*pe, and body image⚠️

Please leave some comments on this chapter! I wanna know what you think!

'She says she's not comin'.' Pope shouts to us as he walks out of the Wreck.
'Why not?-- What'd you do to her John B?' My brother asks. 
'Shhhitt.' JB adjusts restlessly in his seat. 'Hang on, I'll deal with it.' He says getting out of the car and walking in. He comes out a few minutes later with Kiara right behind. 

'John B, it's getting dark. Where are we going?' I ask as we drive down the road. He shoots me a nervous glance. 'Uh, just the cem--cemetery.' He mumbles. 
'What!?' I shout.
'It'll be good for you, like exposure therapy for your fear of the dark.' He says. I roll my eyes. 
'Ooo Ella, did you draw these? They're amazing!' Kiara says picking up the designs I drew for JJ. 
'Oh, yeah. I got some henna so I drew some designs for JJ to pick from. I can do some for you if you want.' I reply and she nods. 

'You mind if I just relax on this one? It's been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. I'm just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?' JJ says offering Pope his blunt.
'I keep the signal clear.' Pope says putting up his hand. 
'Dude, okay. Do you understand that your problem is that you don't get creative? If you got creative, then--' John B cuts my brother off. 
'Look, I--I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right? And pretty much wrong about everything else going on. But I was right about one thing. Okay? My dad is trying to tell me something.' I sigh.
'JJ, I'll take a hit.' I say pinching my fingers like a crab. JJ passes me the blunt but before I can take a hit Pope takes it from my hands and gives it back to JJ. 
'Hey!' I whine.
'It's too late at night for you to be doing that. You know the rules.' Pope says and I roll my eyes.
'No smoking after sundown, and no smoking more than once a day.' I groan as I say the rules he made up. I look over to JJ to say something. 
'Sorry sis, I forgot about the rules.' He says and I scoff.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Hey, come on.' John B whispers as we walk through the cemetery.
'I'm coming. This place is scary.' Kie replies in an annoyed tone. 'John B what are we doing?'
'Okay so, you know how you're trying to remember a song and you can't remember who sings it?' He starts.
'Yeah.'
'So, Redfield. This whole time I thought it was a place, right? But it's not a place. It's a person.' He holds his lantern up to the top of a gravestone, revealing the word "Redfield" printed across the stone.
'Voi-effing-la.' My brother adds in a dull tone. 
'See, my great-great-grandmother Olivia Redfield. That was her maiden name. ... Help me with the door. Come on.' John B says.
'Alright.' Pope agrees, walking up to the door to help John B push. 
'One, two, three...'
'Are you pushing?' Pope asks.
'Yeah, I'm pushing.' John B grunts. 
'Come on.'
'Here, I got it.' JJ says, walking over to help.
'This door is like 700 pounds man, it's not gonna budge.' Pope adds.
'We didn't come this far to get this far, alright?' JJ says.
'Since when are you the motivational speaker?' I giggle.

A snake hisses and they all jump back. 'Woah!'
'A snake!' My brother says as if we can't all see it. 
'Woah, woah, woah, woah!'
'That's a moccasin, all right. Ye olde Dr. Cottonmouth. Death in tall grass.' JJ starts barking. I sigh at the fact I'm related to him.
'JJ shut up. Shut up!' Kie shouts.
'You're gonna wake the frickin dead, man.' Pope says grabbing JJ's shoulder. 
'They're afraid of dogs, everyone knows that.' My brother claims. 'Wait, wait, hold on. If there's one, there's probably dozens.'
'JJ, stop. Don't say that. You're scaring me.' I say, worried. He starts barking again.
'JJ, the only thing scarier than the snakes and the graveyard is my brother becoming a furry! So, stop!' I shout.

'John, look. We're not gonna get in there, all right? It's not budging. We should probably just go.' Pope says, bringing us back to reality. We all stand there for a second looking at the grave.
'I can get through.' Kiara sighs. 
'What? No, no, no, no. You think you're gonna fit through the whole? That whole?' JB says. Kiara acts offended.
'John B's right. You won't fit... but I will.' I say looking at the ground.
'Ella, it's really dark and creepy in there--' John B starts but I cut him off.
'Look, this is about your dad. And honestly, I'm really not sure if I believe in it, but you deserve to know the truth... I'll do it.' He nods and I walk up to the small opening.
'I'll get those--' Pope pulls the vines away from the opening.