one

BRIELLE LOVED the way her costume looked on her. She was dressed quite basic as a black cat. She wore a tight black top and bottoms. Small black cat ears poked out at the top of her head, and a tail on her back.

Her oldest sister, Sam would be very against her going to a frat party, but her twin Tara was excited to go. It was even her idea.

Tara said some of the friend group would be there. Chad, Mindy, and Anika. There would also be one boy there that Brielle hadn't met yet. Chad told her that he was his roommate, and his name was Ethan. He said that they'd get along.

"Do I look good?" Brielle asked her twin.

"You look great, Bri."

Tara was dressed as a cute pirate.

Brielle opened the door for her sister, and both of them walked a couple blocks down to the frat party they were attending.

Loud music was being echoed throughout the house, and there was alcohol in every direction. While walking through the crowd of people dancing, Tara and Bri got separated.

Brielle looked around her only to look up and see a tall man only inches from her face. "Um, hi?"

He smirked at her. "What's your name?"

"Brielle..."

He didn't seem to have much of a costume on. "Well, I want to get to know you better, Brielle."

Brielle could feel him moving in closer and she began to back up. He grabbed her wrist and she looked at him with a dirty look on her face.

"Let go."

He didn't respond or acknowledge her.

"I said let-"

The boy was suddenly pushed off of her by a curly-haired brunette boy who stood even taller than the boy she was previously being harassed by.

"Leave her alone!"

The boy who had harassed her walked away in a huff.

"I was ok, but thank you," Brielle said, thanking her "savior".

Chad ran towards her and the curly-haired boy. "Bri, are you alright?"

"Yeah, he helped me," she answered, looking up at the boy.

Chad began to laugh and gave the cute curly-haired boy a knowing smile. Brielle looked at him clueless.

"I've been waiting to introduce you two. Bri, this is Ethan Landry. Ethan, this is Brielle Carpenter."

Ethan Kirsch knew who Brielle was, but he'd never seen her in person. She was one of the sisters who was apart of killing his brother. But she was prettier in person.

"Hi," Brielle said with a shy smile.

"Oh, is she Sam and Tara's sister?" Ethan asked.

Bri nodded. "Tara's twin."

Ethan cocked his head to the side. "Huh, you don't look like her at all."

He was right. Tara had short and black wavy hair and Brielle had straight blonde hair. However, they were both short and had the same brown eyes.

"Fraternal twins," Bri shrugged.

"I'll leave you two alone!" Chad yelled, disappearing into the loudness of the crowded party.

Ethan and Bri looked at each other awkwardly. "You're cuter than Tara," he complimented.

Brielle blushed, but she knew that could never be true. Her twin sister was one of the prettiest people she had ever laid eyes on.

"Really?"

He nodded. She was so flustered that she didn't know what to say. So, Brielle tried her best to change the topic.

"Sam would kill Tara and I if she found out we were here."

"Well, then let's hope she doesn't find out."

Ethan and Brielle chatted for what felt like forever, and they even danced a bit together. They were getting along really well just like how Chad thought they would.

They were suddenly interrupted when they heard Chad yelling at Tara and some random guy on the stairs.

"She wants to go with me!" the guy argued.

"She doesn't want to go anywhere with you!" Chad yelled back.

"Tara!" Brielle, yelled her overprotective sister coming out.

"I'm fine," Tara mumbled.

Sam entered the party in a rage with a taser. "I'm just going to tase you in the balls real quick."

The guy screamed as Sam tased him, and she grabbed Tara from the stairs. Her eyes met Brielle's next and she grabbed Brielle with her other hand. She dragged both of them out of the party.

Ethan, Chad, Mindy, and Anika followed behind the Carpenter sisters as they exited the party in a huff.

They argued back and forth. "I mean you're out of my life for five years, but then you can't leave me alone for five minutes!" Tara shouted at Sam.

"Because neither of you are dealing with what happened to us!"

Brielle just rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Tara and I don't want to live in the past like you do! God, we lost some of our best friends, Sam! But we're still moving on more than you have."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sam spat.

Chad shook his head. "Hey guys-"

Tara interrupted him. "It means I'm not going to let what happened to us for three days define the rest of my life!"

Sam sighed. "So you're just gonna pretend it didn't happen."

The sisters argued even more until a girl and her group of friends walked by and purposely spilled their drink on Sam.

"Murderer!"

Brielle held Sam back from attacking her.

"Let's just go home," the blonde muttered.

And so they did.