Chapter Fifteen

"KYIAH!" Dean hollers, running over to the back door and tossing it open. Desperately scanning around, seeing nothing but bare ground and trees beneath the moonlight. He turns back to Sam, who was only capable of moving his eyes, landing on Dean. Before he could say anything, his brother revolts.

"No!" He declares. "No, we are NOT leaving until we find her!" He states, turning in a wide circle.

"Dean.." Sam limps over.

"Sammy!" He stops, the affliction in his eye soaking deep within his sibling's. Dean's face rests in an angry scowl, unable to catch his breath.

"We'll find her, we will." Sam promises with an unconvincing expression. Dean turns away, trying to hold back the rage rushing through him. Fighting the combination of Vlad and The Mark's intense hostility, throwing a punch into the door. Leaving a dent in the dark metal. "Dean." Sam warns compassionately. Putting a hand on his brother to comfort him. "We gotta go." He didn't move. "The longer we wait, the further she gets." It took a hard couple of seconds before Dean was able to piece himself together. Putting an arm under Sam to help him around the outside of the building and back to the Impala. "We should call Crowley." Sam suggests into the silence.

"Why? What would that do?" He dismisses still staring into Vlad. Feeling the stinging wolf scratch through his back as he moves.

"He may be able to help us. If he really is under Ocula, than he can give us information."

"Let's just find our way to the Underworld and kick their asses there." Dean protests.

"If we nik Crowley, he'll have to help us. Maybe he can get us to Kai. Get us that far."

"Yeah, yeah, you're right." Dean mumbles, watching Sam's steps. "We'll get you fixed up at the bunker." He promises. Unstably flexing his fist as they approach Baby. Finding Castiel was gone. Nowhere in sight. Dean pulls himself away from the piercing blade. "Where's Cas?"

"Maybe, he went after Kyiah." Sam seeded the idea. "Dean.." His voice firmed again. His palm up, requesting the keys. Dean reluctantly caved and handed them over, walking to the passengers side. They took off, speeding their way back to the bunker. There was nothing but a depressing silence inside the Impala. With Dean catatonically staring at Kyiah's machete in his lap. Under the consuming mesmerism of Vlad's increasingly defensive energy. Both hunters still reeling in the adrenaline of their encounter with the grievous werewolves. The ones they thought were only exaggerations, make believe, nothing more than the illusion of a madman. The kind their father drilled into them didn't exist. Were very real. And they had Kyiah...

After reaching home and patching each other up. Sam grabs a book off one of the shelves of the library, looking back to Dean.

"I'm going to summon Crowley." And by the look on Dean's face, he knew he'd be doing it alone. "I'll call you when he's here." He says softly, carefully making his way to the dungeon. Leaving Dean to stand alone in the foyer. Dissociating, locked onto the sable machete resting on the map table. Hearing the hush of disembodied whispers emanating from its form. The longer he stared, the louder they got. Incomprehensible, unintelligible, tortuous, distinct in intensive harassment. He shut his eyes, scrunching them tight for a moment, before reopening to silence. So overwhelmed with his clamoring emotions, that he felt absolutely nothing. His breath shakes, sitting in one of the chairs, hands against his face before speaking.

"Castiel." He whispers weakly. "Cas." He tries again. "I need you." He pauses, taking a steady inhale to even out his desperation. "Velkan's nest was raided." He stops. "They got Kai. We need your help." He lifts his head to peer around the empty room, desperate to see his glorious angel. "Cas." He begs in a breath. After another moment, there was a flutter behind him. Dean spun out of the chair to his feet, facing the ethereal angel.