𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 ☆

╔═══════.·:·. ★・::═══════╗

Some days later...

"Alright, let's get down to business," Gorou said as Ai filled in some paperwork in the lobby. "As a start, you should use an assumed name here at the hospital."

"Okay," Ai agreed.

Back up in the examination room...

"In a case like yours, a cesarean section will likely be necessary," Gorou explained.

The man beside Ai said, "Eh?"

"If one of the baby's skulls is large, for someone with your build it's common for the pelvis to open enough," Gorou explained.

"Ehhh? Really?" Ai asked.

"A scar on her belly will spell trouble for her job..." the man said nervously. "Sensei, aren't there other options?"

"Painless delivery, Sophrology... Well..." Gorou mused.

"Whatever's fine," Ai said, smiling. "I feel super healthy."

"Ai..." the man said despairingly.

"It'll be fine. I can handle a natural delivery. I mean, they're my kids, right?" Ai said, putting her hands to her face. "They're sure to be attractive and have small faces."

"There you go again

"There you go again..." the man said, sighing.

The days started flying by. Luna-chan came to visit Ai every day after her classes, and the two of them formed a really strong bond. 

Perhaps I became a doctor for the very moment. I'll see that they're delivered as safely and surely as possible.

I vow to protect your family, Gorou thought as he watched Luna and Ai talk about anything and everything that could possibly come to mind. If I'm being honest, I do have mixed feelings. But I've done everything I can to hide that.

Lies are love. I've come to see that phrase in a good light - stars truly are amazing.

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅

40 Weeks — Expected Delivery Date

"Thanks for today, Sensei," Ai said thankfully as the nurse pulled up the covers on her hospital bed. "But come back as soon as I call, okay?"

"Sure thing," Gorou said. "Besides, I live really close by. Well, if I don't make it, another doctor will attend to you anyway."

"No, I want you," Ai said stubbornly.

"I'm just joking," Gorou said with a smile. "See you later."

"Okay," Ai said.

"See ya, onii-chan," Luna said, waving.