13. '𝘊𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘐 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩

The two girls ran as fast as they could into the woodland. Their rapid breaths blended with the sounds of the leaves and sticks that were crushed under their feet.

Sunset Shimmer took a quick glance at the sky, when she saw the drone was hovering in the air and was approaching closer, she used all of her energy and fastened her pace, holding Fluttershy's hand tight in her grasp so she won't fall behind. Their throats were burning and their hearts were beating so fast it felt like they were trying to come out of their chests. They were avoiding so hard not to stumble into the roots, branches or rocks that came on their way, fearing if they slow down even a little bit it was going to be over. 

The woods were getting thicker and harder to pass through. Bad. That was really bad. Sunset nervously observed around for any kind of cover until her gaze focused somewhere through the big crowns of the large trees and all-around bushes, her eyes widened as she got an idea, "There!" Sunset instantly directed and pulled her friend to one side.

Fluttershy yelped as they changed course, completely disappearing from Laserbeak's vision. Nevertheless, that did not stop the mini-con from following them. He lowered himself and scanned the area, searching for his targets. He carefully explored around, but before he could spot any life signals, he halted as soon as he heard a distant noise of a rock falling on the ground from afar. The mini-con turned around and went searching for the source. After he flew away, Sunset peeked out her head behind one of the trees, watching Laserbeak fleeing further from their hiding spot. She closed her eyes as she sighed in relief and sat down next to her exhausted friend who was breathing heavily, they were sweating and were extremely tired from the chase.

"I take my words back for PE..." Sunset said quietly through her breaths as she tried to slow down her heart rate, "We really do need more running exercises."

"What are we going to do?!" Fluttershy whispered nervously, her body was still shaking by the horrifying hunt.

"We need to distract that stupid metal bird with something else." Sunset answered, thinking of any ideas that may help them escape and assist their new robot friends. She observed their surroundings until a small moving creature caught her eye. A squirrel was jumping over one of the tree's branches. As soon as it noticed the two humans, the mammal stopped and watched them with curiosity. Sunset's eyes went wide in realization and exclaimed, "Another target!" Fluttershy flinched at the high volume of her voice and Sunset immediately shut her own mouth with her hands. She examined the area in case Laserbeak heard her but luckily for them no one was around which made her calm down and glance at her friend, "Okay Fluttershy, I need you to listen to me." she said with a low serious tone and grabbed her friend's shoulders, "I know you are scared and so am I, but now we need to overcome these fears and help our friends. All of us are in great danger and if we don't act fast, things will get much worse. Do you understand?"

Fluttershy anxiously stared at her for a bit until she took a deep breath to calm herself and nodded in confirmation, "You are right, let's help our friends!" she blinked a few times and asked, "But- how... exactly?"

"I think I have an idea." Sunset replied with a reassuring smile and gestured for her to come closer. Fluttershy leaned her head and Sunset whispered her strategy, then she pointed at the small squirrel. The shy girl nodded in agreement and stood up, she softly knocked on the tree which grabbed the creature's attention and climbed down closer to the girl. Fluttershy smiled and the squirrel squeaked in a friendly manner, the girl leaned and whispered in its ear. After she was finished, the tiny mammal nodded and climbed up on the tree again, vanishing from their view.

"You think it will work out?" Fluttershy asked her friend who came next to her.

"We have to try."