Prologue

*tic-tac-tic-tac*

Like every day for several years, my eyes remain riveted straight on the small clock in my office. The one present, just above the door leading to the underworld. To tell the truth, I'm impatiently awaiting the time of departure, even though it's still a long way off. Well, the truth is that I should be leaving in less than ten minutes, however... my asshole boss is never satisfied. Tonight, he - as he often does - forced me to stay to finish processing all his paperwork. Well, maybe the term "forced" is a bit pushed, I have to admit. Let's just say that my overtime is paid double, so... I wasn't going to spit in the soup, all the same. However, Devon Anderson could well pay me triple for the work I put in for him every day, but he doesn't. However, I am the one who manages absolutely everything in his life, and without me... he would be just a poor little cub lost in the middle of nowhere. I hate it. In truth, I hate the way he speaks, stands, walks... Yes, I've even gotten to the point where just looking at it is enough to make me sick. Besides, I think it's perfectly reciprocal. I have been working at Powershot for over three years now. To this day, I'm probably the only one of all his secretaries to ever go under the desk, so I imagine his ego took quite a hit there. However, if I'm still under his orders today, it's mainly thanks to the distance I left between the two of us from the start. It's true, if I had accepted his advances during my very first week on the job here, I'm sure that motherfucker would have acted just like everyone else. Once he got everything out of me, he would have fired me with a single snap of his fingers. Yes, but the problem is that I will definitely never be able to give myself to a man like him. For what ? Well, because beyond his undeniable charm, he remains this cold being with a heart of stone, implacable and rigid.

This eternal asshole.