Into The Night

"A woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself." -Susan B. Anthony

"Nyx, we've been looking for leads since she was found at the warehouse. We all need to rest." Dean said, looking beyond exhausted. "We will find it, and when we do, we'll kill it, but in order to do any of that, we need sleep, food and beer."

Some time had passed since then, Nyx stayed in her room, eventually coming out to find Sam and Dean asleep. She picked up the keys to Baby, and headed to the garage. She didn't notice Dean had followed her, so when he got in the car, she shrieked in fear for a second. Dean would've laughed, but he was frustrated, exhausted and worried. Nyx has seemed to be more self destructive, which he didn't like, he understood, hell, he's done it on more than a few occasions himself, but this wasn't her.

"Where are we going? He asked her after she stopped having a heart attack.

"Out." She replied, keeping her eyes on the road, and determination in her voice.

It was silent for a while, eventually Dean turned on some music, and it was a song Nyx didn't really care for, so she changed it.

"Hey! I was listening to that!" Dean complained.

"A man once said, 'driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole.'" Nyx stated with a smirk, and giving Dean a bit of side eye.

"New rule: my car, my tunes." Dean huffed, but let her keep her music playing. "So, where are we going?"

Nyx sighed, "I just needed to get out. Go for a drive, clear my head... Or think. Honestly, I'm not sure, other than I just needed to get out of the bunker for a bit."

"So, do you have a destination in mind?" Dean asked.

"Just the open road, and wherever it takes me." She said.

Dean pulled out his phone and called Sam.

"What are you doing?" Nyx asked.

"Calling Sam. He needs to know what's going on, in case something happens." Dean told her as Sam picked up.

"Sammy!" Dean said cheerfully. "Sorry to interrupt your beauty sleep Rapunzel, but just wanted you to know Nyx and I are working a case, it was a sort of... Last minute thing. We'll be back in a few days."

"Alright. Where's the case at?" Sam asked, still half asleep.

"I'll let you know when we get there. If you need us, call. If you go hunting, take Cas with you for backup, in case we aren't back by then." Dean said to his little brother. "And Sam..."

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Don't get dead." Dean said and hung up.

Nyx drove into the night, no thought for where she was going, Dean seemingly content and curious about where their journey would lead them.

A few hours later Nyx was starting to get sleepy, so she pulled the Impala into a motel for the night. She looked over, and noticed Dean was sleeping, so she got out and went in to pay for a room with two beds. Walking back to the Impala, she had an idea of where she wanted to go. She grabbed her stuff, and Dean's, and dropped it off in their room. She opened Dean's door, and tried gently waking him, which didn't work, so she shook him awake, and found herself in Dean's lap, him looking at her unseeingly for a few minutes, until his head cleared, and he noticed it was her. "Where are we?" Dean asked letting Nyx up.

"A motel." She says simply. "I was getting tired, and from the sounds of your buzzsaw snoring, you could also use the rest."

Dean followed Nyx into their room, and fell on one of the beds, and was out. Nyx laughed, and took off his boots so he was more comfortable. She dug through her bag, found the PJs she wanted, changed and also went to bed.

"There is a fellowship more quiet even than solitude, and which rightly understood, is solitude made perfect." -Robert Louis