Chapter 2

Will's POV

I make my way towards our training grounds, but I'm definitely not in the mood for a training today.

It takes longer than usually, but I eventually reach it, and it seems that most of my pack members are already here.

So, I start the training, but I'm thankfully that my second in command is helping me, since my mind is lost on thoughts, as it was to be for almost a year now.

I wonder what happened to my mate, I haven't seen him in almost a year, and I can't go to his pack to see what's wrong, since I'm a rouge, a leader of a rouge pack to be exact.

And I know that I would have been killed a few seconds after I would have stepped into the pack lands of my mates pack.

At first, I have waited, since it sometimes took a few weeks for Reginald to be able to get here, but then a month passed, and I started to get worried.

We had seen each other at least once a month, from the time that Reginald was five, so I have no idea what could have made him stay away.

I have also thought if maybe I have done something to Reginald, but the last time that we have seen each other, he left happy, so I doubt that it's the case.

I hope that he didn't die, but now, after a year, I can't help but think that unfortunately it happened.

So, my mood has been terrible for the last few months, and I have basically passed all the responsibilities that comes with being the leader to my second in command.

"We're having the training." Casey tells me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

So, I roll my eyes at him, and I try to concentrate in the training.

A few hours later, the training is done, and everyone starts to leave to go back to the cave, where a few women and kids are waiting on us.

I have started this pack when I was barely seventeen, I hated the restricting rules that were at my pack, so I run away from there, and I became a rogue.

Then I helped a group of five rogues, one of them was Casey, and I became their leader, since they were barely teenagers back then.

Then year after year, I took in the rogue children that I have found in the woods.

And I came across Reginald.

I thought that he was a rogue, so I went to him, and I instantly realised that he was my mate, which made me a bit angry, since he was just a kid.

But I asked him if he was alright, he told me that he was fine, and that he was just on a walk.

So, we spent some time together, and when it was time for him to leave, I made him promise that he will come back here, and he did a few weeks later, so that's where our relationship started.

I shake my thought away for the hundredth time today, and I walk inside the cave to get some rest.