restless ⚕️

The past few weeks had been the most normal ones hoseok had in a while.

Going to class, attending his duties, and spending time with his friend and brother.

But when have things always been normal at this academy?

Hoseok walked with yoongi as they made their way toward the gates of the midnight castle. As usual, the boys did their job of leading the students toward the dawn castle.

Hoseok had picked up an unusual habit of playing around with his necklace Whenever his mind wandered the boy's hand unconsciously was around the ruby twisting and turning it around.

He felt the weird pulse, the blood on the inside made against his touch, it was something he had gotten used to in the last few weeks.

Yoongi tapped hoseok on the shoulder and left toward the front as their daily routine started, hoseok waited until the last of the students came out and finally, Jin appeared.

Always the center of attention, hoseok rolled his eyes in annoyance, bad Habits die hard.

Jin sent a smile toward hoseok who ignored him "Will you ever learn to be faster?"

Jin shrugged, loving the way his answer annoyed Hoseok.

"I see the ruby has been working"

Hoseok nodded his head "The only thing you've done right, and I thank you for"

"My pleasure" he whispered with a cocky smile plastered on his face, hoseok wished he could wipe it off with his fist.

-'-

Hoseok sighed as he made his way towards his room, the day had been a smooth run.

For once he felt at ease around people after his transition.

Hoseok was going through his pockets searching for his key not looking where he was walking, when he bumped into someone.

"Oh" hoseok let out as he watched the boy trying to get up.

A weird ringing in his ear took away the attention and he felt his heart beating loudly.

'Fuck not again!' He thought to himself.

Hoseok turned around ready to run away from the boy, he did not want to bite anyone.

'Breath' came a thought to him in a different voice than his own, and he felt like he could trust it.

And so he did, he took a deep breath and as he did, red smoke from the necklace wafted into his nostril.

And the ringing and the pounding were instantly gone.

Hoseok breathed a sigh of relief.

"So weird" he heard the boy whisper under his breath as he dusted his pants.

Hoseok turned to look at him and apologized before walking away to his room.

Hoseok slammed the door to his room and sank to the floor.

'What the fuck was that' he thought as he let his head fall between his bent knees.

-'-

Hoseok tried to forget about his little incident a few nights prior and mentally thanked Jin for the necklace.

But never again to his face, he did not want Jin to feel more cocky than he already was.

As the days went by a few more times hoseok almost lost control.

But as he listened to that voice in his head whenever he was about to lose control he would be back to normal.

And so days went by and hoseok felt like he could live like this, maybe.