Thy

EARLIER THAT DAY…

"Watch it, Pinecone face!" Percy threatened, shoving the sword's tip in Thalia's face.

"Bring it, Kelp for Brains!" Thalia shouted, putting her dagger to his chest.

"Children!" Chiron scolded, taking the back of each demigod's shirt and pulling them apart. "We are eating dinner! This is a civilized time! To the big house both of you, to discuss punishment! Go!" The centaur ordered.

Percy and Thalia grumbled and shoved at each other as they made their way towards the big house.

As they entered the house, a group of five Hunters took Thalia, made a face at Percy, and headed off towards the kitchen. Grover headed towards the meeting room and took a seat at the ping-pong table.

A few minutes later, an angry Chiron entered the room, followed by Thalia and her group of Hunters.

"Alright, I've had enough of you two and your constant fighting! You're going to learn to get along and work together. Kitchen duty, both of you, until Artemis gets back from the meeting on Olympus!" He said.

Almost instantly, the Hunters began to protest. "No! The boy cannot be trusted! I will not leave him alone with our Thalia!" Phoebe, a Hunter, shouted.

"Artemis won't be back for like, a week!" Percy protested.

"My lady will not be pleased, no, not at all! You'll feel her wrath" Tula, another Hunter, threatened.

"Ladies! Thalia and Percy broke the rules, and now they must pay the consequences. Besides, you trust Thalia, don't you?" Chiron said.

"Yes, but we do not trust the boy!" Phoebe said.

"What do you think I'd do? Honestly?" Percy asked, feeling angry.

"Guys! It's okay. He's my friend. He wouldn't hurt me, and if he tried, I'd kick his ass." Thalia soothed her comrades.

"Language." Chiron threatened Thalia.

"Well…..okay…..I guess…"

*P*A*G*E*B*R*E*A*K

"My arm hurts." Percy complained.

"Suck it up." His cousin retorted from up on the counter, where dhe was washing dishes.

"Suck it up," The son of Poseidon mimicked.

Thalia rolled her eyes and continued scrubbing.

Percy was doing his part, cleaning and scrubbing the floor. He picked up a chicken bone and threw it at Thalia.

"Hey! Watch it!" Thalia shouted, dodging the bone. It landed in the lava-filled sink. Thalia and Percy watched it sink slowly, disintegrating as it touched the scalding hot substance. They slowly backed away, and continued what they were doing.

"Why do you always have to act better than me?" Percy asked.

" 'Cause I am."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are not!"

"Are too!"

Percy sighed. "Whatever."

"Yes!" Thalia crowed, pumping a fist into the air. "You admit I am cooler and better than you in more ways than you know how to count!"

"What? I did not say that!"

"But you thought it. You know you did."

Percy ignored her last comment. "You always pick fights with me." He said.