Moon Pie

Richard

~ Two weeks later ~

I was staring off into space as I thought about Francine and how I may have gotten her pregnant. I asked how she was feeling last night and she said that she felt no different than the night before and that she was still waiting for her period. I sighed feeling frustrated because I wanted a definite answer. Francine then said trying to reassure me "I know my period is late but I don't feel pregnant. I think we're good." Francine's period was late by three days but she said that, that was normal for her since we began having sex. Still I have been kicking myself in the ass and was annoyed every time I thought about how the condom may have broke when we had sex two weeks ago week. "Why did that happen?" I thought trying to understand how that could of been. "We wasn't even going that crazy." I then remembered last week after I picked up Francine from Celestina's house. I placed her down out of my arms, we held hands and I walked Francine back to my apartment and was glad she was out of Celestina's house. I then thought to myself "I don't care what Celestina need in the future. Next time Francine can't stay the night there, least not until Celly and Bruce's situation is fixed. I don't want Francine around all that fighting and drama. Plus, Celly had Francine babysitting her all night and that sucks which also forced her at one point to be alone with Alonzo and I don't like that shit." I looked at Francine and after a moment she looked up at me and smiled a pretty smile. My heart skipped a beat at her smile and Francine said "Can I tell you something?" "What is it?" "I'm glad to be with you right now. I love Celly but last night was exhausting. After you left I attempted to wake her up and she didn't want to get up so I just cut off the lights and ended up going to bed. I was awake for a long while. I ended up taking the flashlight off her dresser and picking a magazine from her desk to read. I was bored till I fell asleep." I then said "See, you should of left with me." Francine then said "I was worried for her because of how much she was drinking...I didn't feel right leaving her like that." I then thought to myself "My baby has a big soft heart. I can't let people take advantage of her, not even Celly going forward." I then said "You're a good friend baby. She'll have a hang over today but she'll be aight." Francine then smiled at me again and I admired her beautiful face and how cute she was dressed that day. She wore fitted shorts that had vertical stripes of red and white and a white, a loose fitting t-shirt and her white vans with red socks. Even the band that held her hair up was red. "She is so cute!" I said to myself as I admired her. I then thought "After last night, I have to make sure today is only about us."

So that's what I did. I took her back to my apartment where I was finally able to show Francine the painting that I did. Francine looked at the painting in awe and gently reached out to touch it and quickly drew her hand back and said "Is it okay that I touch it?" I then said "Of course." She then looked back at it and gently touched the painting and said "It's really beautiful...amazing actually." Francine then looked at me with a sparkle in her eyes and said "How did you even think of this? How long did this painting take? When did you make this? It must of taken you forever!" I smiled, glad that she liked it and said "I thought of this while laying down while smoking. I started this after I came from your house for the first time...it was when we first said we loved each other." Francine's mouth opened in amazement and looked at me amazed. I continued and said 'You were on my mind heavy and I couldn't shake the feelings I had for you. I was trying to make sense of how I felt so strongly for you so quickly and this came to my mind." I then grabbed Francine's hands, kissed them gently and said "I love you with all that I am and I really feel like God, The Most High, has placed you in my life and I'm great full that he would even do that for someone like me. I'm someone who didn't even pray let alone believe in God. Now since knowing you, I can not deny his existence and I see that he is real. Your beauty, the love I feel for you, your heart and caring nature I know is God's handy work. Plus, I feel he has reached out to me more than once regarding us and I want to do everything I can to not only be worthy of what he has given me but to care for what he has given me...You're a blessing to me." My heart was beating fast as I was explaining myself to Francine. I really wanted her to know I was serious about us and us having a future.