Man's Ambitions

Remember that politics, colonialism, imperialism, and war also originate in the human brain.

-Vilayanur S. Ramachandran

Rodenius Sea

BRP Gabriela Silang

March 9, 2026/1639

The sea waves splashed on the aluminum alloy hull of the Philippine vessel. As it sails to a destination for a diplomatic mission.

It's not alone, the ship was escorted by two armed corvette escort ships and one Arleigh Burke-class destroyer. On the far horizon away from the seeing eye, is the US Carrier Strike Group 9, a fleet that consists of one Ticonderoga class guided-missile cruiser, two Arleigh Burke-class destroyers, and the aircraft carrier of the USS Abraham Lincoln.

The ship's destination is going to the Capital of the Kingdom on Jin-Hark. The Philippine and United State government decided to have open diplomatic talks with the Lourian for an unknown reason.

The Seventh Fleet is on standby on the other side of the Ring for a QRF in case the situation is getting out of hand.

Ambassador Abueva is wearing a black formal suit and is standing on the bridge of the ship watching the blue deep seas. His expression is troubled by the state of affairs that brought him to the destination.

Ambassador Greenfield as he also wearing the outfit as he came up to him and asked him. "Hey, are you alright? You looked a little bit stressed out."

Abueva looked at him directly and responded. "I'm ok." He answered bluntly. "It's just that we are going to unknown territory and this could be a trap that could get us killed in the process."

"Hey looked at the bright side," Greenfield answered in a positive tone. "If they decided to throw us to a fantasy dungeon or go full-on Sparta to us. They will feel the might of the US Navy on their Capital."

"Being dead isn't good news to me at all." Abueva flatly replied. "Nor beating the crap of us to a pulp."

"Well, at least we gave them a big middle finger for being an asshole." Greenfield quickly responded.

"How come this lead to this," Abueva muttered as he tried to remember how this situation occurred.

Flashback

Qua-Toyne Principality, Qua-Toyne

March 7, 2026/1639

Philippine Embassy

After the UN delegation between the Quatoyne and Qualian representatives on the discussion on the diplomatic affairs between the Philippines and the United States on how they carried out. It was adequate results that came to a warning to the Philippines government on the potential of colonialism and exploitation of the natural resources of the other world natives.

On the next day, a security breach was detected by the security team, when an unknown package arrived at the embassy gates. The perpetrator that left the package was caught seen in the security camera as the person wearing a cloak that covers the suspect identity.  He left the scene after he delivered the unknown package at the entrance.

When the embassy security guards seized the package and relocated that to a secured holding room of the embassy.

A security team was sent to investigate the contents of the package. They wore protective bomb suits to protect them from explosives or hazardous contents if the package is considered a threat. Cameras are documenting the scene with the two ambassadors watching at a safe distance.