9.She's getting engaged?!

Natalia's POV

No way. He's got to be joking right? How could he set up my engagement party without my knowledge?!

"Watch the language young lady. Be here
at 7pm sharp. You can't be late for your engagement party." He said and cut the call.

"Sky, did you hear that?! Did you hear all what he said?!" I asked Sky angrily.

"Calm down baby. Let's talk about this." She said rubbing my arm in a soothing manner.

I broke into tears. How could my own father do this to me?

"I'm not getting married to that prick. I'm not..." I trailed off now crying uncontrollably in Sky's arms.

"You won't, don't worry. I'll talk to him right now." She said rubbing my back.

I sat up from her arms and wiped my wet cheeks with the back of my palm.

"Isn't dating and marriage against the company's rules? Can't you tell him that? I can't get engaged because it'll taint my image?" I asked really panicking now.

I wasn't always like this. When my dad first introduced Ezra to me as the person I was promised to from childhood , I took it lightly and didn't really bother about it.

But now things were becoming more realistic. I could decide not to go for this party tonight but I know if I did, all hell would break loose.

My father didn't need much to destroy my entire career. That was how powerful he was.

Sky kept saying things to me but I already zoned out, I was much too fixated on my thoughts on how to escape this.

"Talia, baby, are you listening to me?" I heard Sky say. I turned to look at her.

"I said you shouldn't worry. I'll make sure the party doesn't hold. You'll not be getting engaged." She said smiling reassuringly.

I really hoped she could be a good match against my powerful father. I really hoped that she could save me from this.

"I'll be back, okay?" She said and patted my cheeks before leaving the room.

I didn't know what to do. I felt the panic welling up inside of me again. I picked my phone, frantically swiping on the screen.

I needed to call someone, anyone who could help. Someone who truly cared enough to help.

Then I tapped on his number. I don't know why I did but I just did.

Callum's POV

After that little conversation with my dear mate, I went out for pack training.

As Alpha, I set up a multiple divisions of young boys and girls from age 18-30 to form an Army. Though we didn't have any threats from other packs, we still needed to keep our guard up.

Right now I was training division B which consisted of mainly teenage boys.

We were training for sometime then my phone rang in my short's pocket. I picked up without looking at the caller's ID.

"Callum." I heard the faint voice of my mate. It was so quiet I wouldn't have heard it if I wasn't a werewolf.

I told the boys to take a break and went to a corner to properly talk to my mate.

"Hey, wassup? Are you alright?" I asked worried at her faint voice.

"No. Pl...please come... Come to my house Callum please...."

I didn't waste anymore time. I told the boys in a hurry that we should call it a day and rushed inside to get dressed.

I jumped in my car and zoomed off. I didn't need to ask her for her address because I could track her location with my phone because I had her contact saved on it.

I followed the Google map carefully and finally got there.

Her house was in a secluded area in the outskirts of the city. In as much as it was safe from intruders, it was still dangerous because it was near to the forest were rogues roamed around freely.

I drove up to beautiful fenced mansion and parked in front of the huge black gate.

I pressed the doorbell impatiently and after a few seconds, a face popped on the little screen by the gate.

"Who are you?" The person who was a lady asked.

"I'm here to see Natalia. She called me over." I said. The woman gave me a distrusting look and I couldn't blame her.

Natalia was a celebrity and anyone could be a threat to her.

The woman disappeared from the screen and a few minutes later, I heard footsteps coming towards the gate from inside.

The woman opened the door and smiled at me.

"You may come in Sir." She said. I nodded and came in.

I was in awe at the look of the compound. It really resembled my pack with all those trees and nature. I had no idea my mate loved nature.

How much she'll love it at my pack. I thought walking up to the front porch and into the magnificent mansion.

The inside also looked beautiful. I was met with a large ball like room. By my right was a sitting room with white couches and a large screen TV.

By my left was a dinning room and a door in there which I guessed led to the kitchen. Opposite me was a large spiral staircase and just on both sides of it were hallways leading to goddess knows where.

In short, the house was beautiful.

The woman led me up the spiral staircase and I met with a line of wooden doors. We walked down the hall and I could see a balcony at the end of it.

We didn't reach the end though as she stopped in front of a door.

"She's in here." The woman said and left.

I knocked on the door and I heard my mate's voice telling me to come in.

I went in and saw her sitting on the floor beside the king sized bed, grabbing the sheets like her life depended on it.

Her eyes shot up to me and I saw the tears filled in them.

"You're here." She said in a strained voice.

My ever vibrant mate looked really vulnerable right now.

What happened to her?

I ran to her and held her to myself.

"What happened to you?" I asked stroking her face.

"I...I don't want to get engaged to him Cal. Please help me." She muttered clutching unto my shirt.

She's getting engaged?! What was she talking about? She can't get engaged! She's my mate!

*********
Heya guys. Happy BTS 10th anniversary to all my ARMY readers💜