(ITSV) Significant Other

Question after question, class after class, I already had trouble keeping up with the school schedule.

I arrived at my next class and tried to be as quiet as possible since they were discussing a presentation on Multiverses. Just what interests me!

As I walked towards an empty desk, the professor paused the presentation and said:

Professor: Mr. Y/N, standing in the darkness! You're late again.

Y/N: Einstein said that time was relative, right? Maybe I'm not late, maybe you all arrived early.

After a long moment of silence in the class, a girl in the center laughed.

???: Sorry, sorry, it just got so quiet. Professor: Are you going to stand there or do you want to sit down?

I sat at the empty desk next to the girl and watched the presentation.

???: I liked it.

Y/N: Huh?

???: The joke. It wasn't funny, but that's why I liked it. 

Y/N: I don't think I've seen you before... 

Professor: Sshh!

When the professor finally handed out assignments to both of us, the girl spoke again.

???: Hey, do we know each other?

Y/N: No, I don't think so.

???: Ah, okay.

When our brief conversation ended, I couldn't help but think about her. Who was she?

Time jumps, later in the school week.

I was told Miles and I to meet our teachers before heading to our dorms. We both went to separate classrooms.

Teacher: Let me show you something.

The teacher then slid a piece of paper with 0/100 written in marker.

Me: A zero! If I keep this up, I'll be kicked out soon, right? Maybe I don't fit in this school and...

The teacher interrupted me, saying, "If a student took a true or false test blindfolded, what score would they get?"

Me: 50%? Teacher: That's right! To get good results, you need to know which answers are correct. I'm assigning you a private essay, not about physics, but about yourself and what you want to be.

I arrived at my dorm room and sat on the bed. Then I decided to text Miles, who was in his own dorm room with a guy named Eddie.

Text messages:

Me: What did your teacher say?

Miles: They found out I was thinking of dropping out of school. And you?

Me: Same. Now I have to write an essay about who I want to be!

Miles: Same! Me: Wanna skip it and go to my uncle's apartment?

Miles: You know it!