My Escape, my Home

"I am free when I'm with you.

You are my home.

You are my escape.

And I belong only with you."

It was almost nightfall when they reached Bible's hometown. The town is a beauty, though not too far from the city, it seems quiet and peaceful. Jeff was amazed by the majestic bodies of water that they passed by, which Bible said were just a portion of a more picturesque view of the connecting rivers.

"There are many activities you can do along those rivers. There is water rafting, riverside restaurants, or you could simply just sit by the river banks with a cold drink and a good book, or play your guitar," said Bible

"Hmm, we should do that sometime," Jeff replied

"Just let me know and I will bring you to see places. There are many sights to visit but you don't need to rush since you have time to take things slowly. Rest first and when you are better, then we can explore each of them, " Bible assured him

"You will accompany me every time?" he asked

"Well, we need to plan and schedule, but sure. I haven't been out exploring for a while now too, so it is also a good time for me to revisit" Bible said smiling while keeping his eyes on the road as he drove.

Then the phone rings.

"Aren't you gonna pick up?" Jeff asked

"Nah, I forgot to attach it to the car speaker. I don't drive and use my phone at the same time, I need to keep both my hands on the wheel." Bible

"Wow, such diligence" Jeff

"I am just careful. I don't want to put myself and other people's lives at risk, especially since you are with me" Bible

Jeff raised a brow at Bible's last statement but kept his mouth shut. The phone kept ringing.

"Do you want me to answer and put it on speaker?" Jeff asked, getting impatient, which Bible noticed and chuckled.

"Go ahead"

"Hello?" Jeff answered

"Phi!!!" A woman screamed on the speaker shocked Jeff, "Oh, wait, you are not Phi' Bible. Who are you and why do you have his phone?"

Jeff looked at Bible who is just smirking.

"I'm sorry, Bible is driving and he asked me to answer your call. I'm Jeff Satur, his...friend."

"What?! No way! As in Jeff Satur the famous handsome singer with the most angelic voice I've ever heard in my entire life, Jeff Satur?"

"Becky, I think mom would feel bad since you said hers was the most beautiful voice in the world," Bible said, "but yes, he is THAT Jeff Satur"

"Woah! Ohhh Myyy Goodddd! Freen will go crazy! My girlfriend and I are both Saturdayss, oh my God!"

Wow, Jeff mouthed at Bible.

"I told you I will be bringing a friend home and he will be staying with me for a time. Why did you call, anyway?"

"Get the fuck outta here, bro! Jeff will live with you, at our house?"

"Language, sister"

"Oh, I'm sorry. We will come over tomorrow morning for breakfast is what I wanted to tell you that's why I called. Freen baked pies and wanted you to have a taste before she adds them to the menu. Is it okay?"

"Of course, Jeff can have a taste too if he isn't allergic to anything you guys put in the pies"

"He isn't! They are cherry, banana, Apple, and pumpkin pies. He likes them all!" Becky said excitedly

"How sure are you about his likes?" Bible challenged his sister.

"Duh, we've seen all his blogs and interviews. We probably know more about him than you do"

Jeff smiled at Bible, as he listened to their conversation which is about him.

"Fine. Bring them tomorrow. Don't come over tonight because Jeff needs to rest, okay?"

"We won't! Welcome home, Jeff! See you tomorrow."

They heard Becky scream again before the line went dead.

"I hope she doesn't scare you"

"I think we will get along well," Jeff said, looking forward to meeting them.

===========

"This is Nana Kannika, she is our caretaker in this house and this is her niece, Aranya. They are here in the morning and go home around 6 PM, every day except on Sundays. If there is anything you might need help for late at night, just let us know so they can stay and I will just give them a ride home." Bible introduced to Jeff

"Welcome home, sir Jeff" Nana Kannika and Aranya greeted him.

"Please, call me Jeff. Sorry, it is already past 7 PM, we were late to arrive." Jeff greeted them back politely.

"No worries, my husband came to pick us up and today is no ordinary day. We need to welcome you so we prepared some food. Bible told us not to add any dairy and keep it light." Nana guided Jeff to the dining table where the food was served.

"Wow, I'm hungry, thank you, Nana"

"Nana, why don't you invite Phi' A-wut in and have dinner with us?" Bible asked their Nana

"No need, we had ours earlier. We are on our way, we just waited for you two to arrive. Just leave the dirty dishes and we will take care of them tomorrow when we come back" Nana and Aranya said their goodbyes afterwards.

Bible and Jeff had their dinner as they talk about things. They talked about Jeff visiting Bible's clinic as well as the town market. Jeff was introduced to Mr. Grey, the aloof cat in the house.

After they washed the dishes and cleaned the dining table and kitchen, because Bible can't be at peace leaving the area dirty, they went upstairs to Jeff's supposed room.

"This is the guest room, where you would stay. You have a balcony and it is next to my room, so you can just shout if you need anything, even in the middle of the night." Bible explained

Jeff chuckled, "Are you a light sleeper or you don't sleep at all"

"What do you think of me, a vampire or a zombie?" Bible

"There is a room downstairs that used to be Becky's. I thought of having you use it but there are so many clutters she left and lots of posters and photo cards of different artists on the wall, including yours"

"That is expected. I mean, even I keep posters and pictures of artists I like" Jeff said, "by the way, are there any rules that I need to remember? You are probably a strict landlord."

"No rules, just a favor I wanted to ask of you" Bible

"What is it?"

"Please don't do anything that will hurt you. Be it physically or mentally or emotionally, try to avoid them. If you need any help or guidance in doing so, I am here, always."

"Okay... I will try my best. Thank you, Bible, for all of these." Jeff replied

"Thank me when you get better, for now, you need rest. Unpack tomorrow, you have time, you are home anyway."

Home. How many times has he heard that word since he set foot in this town? It felt good. Jeff thought, home... I am home, and with you, as he stared at Bible.