Chapter 2: A Secret and A Special Exam

Kiyotaka's POV

"KARUIZAWA-SAN?!"

"You don't need to shout out my name so loud! Jeez!" she said while chuckling. This surprised the Ayanokouji Group, who knew Kei as a headstrong and standoffish girl.

"Kiyopon! I have so many questions!" Haruka said. Kei didn't say anything to her, and just pointed to me instead.

"What are you playing at, Kiyotaka?" she asked. "We both made an effort to hide our relationship to everyone, and now you're suddenly revealing it?"

"If the situation hadn't called for it, I would have continued doing so." I gave her a straight answer, which was frankly rare for me. "The fact that these two transfered into the school, especially in such troubled times, only means that something big is going to happen in the future, right?"

"Yes, and that's what we want to tell you right now, but...." Shiro glanced at my friends and my girlfriend. "With them here, you'll have to tell them your past and about that place. Do you really want to risk their lives like that?"

"Their lives will be at risk, either way. It's best to keep them informed." I said.

"Before we say anything more, I'd like to ask Karuizawa-san something. " Yuki was smiling as she turned towards Kei. "What's your relationship with Kiyotaka?"

Everyone was also clearly interested by this, so they all looked at Kei, as if trying to pressure her into spilling the beans.

"K-Kiyotaka is my..." Kei blushed badly like a tomato as she said the next word. "...b-b-boyfriend."

"HUH?!?!"

"W-Wait, how did that even happen? During the Zodiac exam, you called us disgusting!" Keisei remarked.

"I-I'm really sorry about that, Yukimura-kun." Kei bowed to him, which surprised everyone once more. "I'm also sorry about all the things I did to you, Sakura-san!"

"I-It's fine, Karuizawa-san! I didn't mind it at all." Airi said, although I could see that there were tears forming in her eyes. That's understandable, considering that she had just been heartbroken.

Haruka glanced at me, then at Airi, as if hinting that she'll be the one to take care of her. I simply nodded subtly.

"Since when have you been dating?" Haruka was smirking. Of course, she's going to be the one interested about romance.

"We had just begun dating the other day." Kei said. "Although we had been friends ever since the Zodiac Exam."

"What happened?" Haruka asked. Kei turned to look at me with a mischievous smile.

Don't tell me...

"He told me to spread my legs during our first proper meeting. Honestly, it left me quite the lasting first impression." she answered. "Ahh, those were good times."

I could tell she was being sarcastic with that last line.

Meanwhile, everyone was stunned to silence once again. Haruka was the first to speak.

"Ooohhh, I never thought you would be so bold, Kiyopon! Also, that's not a nice thing to say to a girl, especially when you're meeting properly for the first time!" Haruka scolded me.

"What the hell were you even doing, Kiyotaka?" Keisei was exasperated.

"You're moving too fast, Kiyotaka. Slow down!" Akito was laughing incredibly hard.

"I didn't do anything to her, Akito...." I replied.

Both Yuki and Shiro turned to each other, then shrugged. They probably had an idea as to what I actually tried to do with Kei, but they didn't say anything.