Prologue

Season 4A - She is 24 and for height is 5 ft 1 (sorry but I like when they are short to relate to but if you want them taller or someone else you could, this is just to fit my idea)

Astra Eriksdottir is a friend to most - everyone loves her and everyone cares for her. She is a healer and also a person that looks after children. She had started to watch over children when she noticed children that, either had no parents or their parents would be on raids and so on. And she felt it into her heart for these children. 

(Basically, she is the 1st person to start a children's caretaker/school business - sorry for using this idea but I love it and you don't usually see it in Vikings so that too)

She wanted to give the children a way to feel safe, even if it is for a few hours in the day. While having the children in her care, she had the idea to start teaching them everything she thought they needed to know. From teaching them how to hunt and cook, to making clothes to even healing basic wounds and basic medicines - just in case anything happens, she wanted them to feel safe and to know what to do in case something happens. 

(Some kids are orphans so you can get the idea, after some time they go back to the place that they are staying, basically a school - she does earn payment, not always in money and even if she didn't earn something - she would still do it)

She was a woman of many talents. She knew how to fight, how to heal, how to hunt and so on, however, she didn't want to be a shieldmaiden - if she had to fight she would but she is a person that would rather help them then tear them apart. 

Her 'business' was a success, she would earn things (not always money) for her service to the people. She also had help from thralls and other maidens that wanted to do something with their life - other than fight in the shield wall. 

*History*

Astra Eriksdottir had grown up with Bjorn and Gyda. Her parents were friends with Ragnar and his first wife, Lagertha the Shieldmaiden. Her father was one of the few that went to sail with Ragnar to West and continue to raid with him after that. They were close friends - both of them starting as farmers and they continue to be close friends even with Ragnar being Earl. 

They went through everything together. Astra also takes care of Ragnar's sons when needed - Ragnar trusts her enough to do so, knowing she is very capable of taking care of his children. 

She has a close relationship with Lagertha, Ragnar and Aslaug.

*When Harald and Astra meet*

They meet when she is escorting Ragnar's youngest children back to their home (she knows how to help Ivar). 

Harald was talking with Ragnar when Astra and the children come in. They run towards their father interrupting him from his talk with Harald while Astra was trying to stop them but wasn't so lucky. Harald looks up and their eyes met. 

And so, the love story

.

.

.

Begins