Chapter XIII - Corresponding Powers

「13」

· ───── ·𖥸· ───── ·

Pietro brought Alyssa back to the labs before he wandered off again, presumably to go find his sister.

Alyssa steadied herself before entering, her eyes immediately finding Tony's as he dropped whatever he was doing to join her at the entrance.

"Ally? I'm so sorry. I didn't-" she cut him off before he could spurt out his apology.

"I... thought about it. I- I wanna meet them. Her," she said. Tony stared at her with an open mouth before he quickly gained his composure again.

"O- of course. Yeah, follow me," he said, leading her out of the lab and to the elevator. The ride was awkward and Tony bit his lip in order not to say something.

When they finally stopped, the doors opened and the Starks were greeted with the open and sunshine-lit area of the training level. The entire floor was dedicated to all sorts of training, equipment, and areas to spar in. Alyssa stepped out and set foot on one of the huge training mats.

"How long do we have to wait for her?" she asked. Tony was about to respond when a woman's voice behind Alyssa replied instead.

"Well, unless you already called someone else to take over, not at all."

Alyssa turned around, promptly being struck with the woman's beauty. She had long, blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. Her voice was cheerful and had a slight Australian accent, but it wasn't really that noticeable. On her face was a bright smile and she was dressed casually; in jeans and a sweater, with a bag strung over her shoulder. It looked like she was called spontaneously.

"My name's Kendra McAddams. You must be Alyssa," she said, sticking a hand out to the younger girl. Alyssa hesitantly shook it. "Yeah... that's me," she replied, looking over at her father with a confused expression.

She didn't expect this woman to be her teacher. Tony sighed and walked over to them, smiling at Kendra. "I already consulted Kendra one time before, Ally. When you were younger," he said. Kendra nodded, her friendly aura never fading once.

Alyssa was still unsure of the situation but took on a calm expression as Kendra set down her bag and stood next to Tony. "Tony already explained some bits to me but I'm still gonna ask you some questions, if that's alright?" she asked, her eyes flitting from Tony to Alyssa.

Alyssa nodded but her stance was still tense as she looked at her father. Tony saw, and bit back a frown, telling the blonde woman next to him that he would be in the lab in case there was a problem.

After he left, Alyssa inhaled deeply, getting down on the mat as she leaned her head on her hand. Kendra followed her motion, sitting down with her legs crossed. For a moment no one said anything, and Alyssa perked up when Kendra broke the silence. "I'm not going to tell you what to do. I'm here to help you," she said softly, smiling lightly.