1- Nice But Scary

Y/N POV

I was getting ready to start my stream with my friends when I heard a message come through on Discord. Switching to the tab, I saw a notification from George.

George
hey Y/N do you mind if I invite one of my friends dream to the stream today

Dream? I knew who he was, of course, he was easily one of the most popular Minecraft creators and he was pretty close with some of my friends. I never met him, though, mostly because we never seemed to cross paths. But I was fine with that, honestly. Meeting someone so popular and someone I knew was extremely outgoing was a little intimidating to me.

Y/N

uhhh ig so

George
why the hesitation hes nice

Y/N
im sure he is its just
you know how i get around people idk

George
ik ik but youll like him i promise

Y/N
alright fine

I sighed at the messages while clicking back on my streaming tab. I was a pretty shy and more reserved person, especially around people I didn't know very well and the thought of having someone like Dream on my stream while also meeting him at the same time was scary. I had heard good things about him. He was friendly, outgoing, funny, caring, pretty much every positive adjective you could use to describe someone but still I was nervous.

As the time got closer to the start of my stream, I tried my best to brush off the nerves. After all, at the very least the fans will be happy.

I clicked the "go live" button at the bottom of my screen and set the stream to my "starting soon" screen. I went to Discord to find the group chat we were using. When I clicked on it, I saw that Dream had been added and was already in the call with George and Niki. His bright green profile picture was impossible not to recognize, the simple icon had been plastered all over the internet.

I took a small breath and clicked the green button to join.

"Hi Y/N!" Niki and George greeted. I said a small "hi" back, a little shy with Dream being here.

"Hi! I'm Dream," he smiled, "It's nice to finally meet you, Y/N! Thanks for letting me join the stream."

"Yeah, no problem," I told him, trying my best to match his cheerful energy but only being slightly successful, "Nice to meet you."

There was a slight pause after I spoke but before it could get awkward, I heard someone join the call.

"Karl!" Dream said with excitement.

"Hi, Karl," I said along with the others' greetings.

"Are you starting soon, Y/N?" he asked me.

"Yeah, I'm actually gonna deafen now to start. You guys could maybe make the party and I'll join after, ok?"

After they all agreed I deafened on Discord and switched over to my stream. I couldn't help but stop to think about my first interaction with Dream. George and frankly everyone was right, he did seem pretty nice.

I changed my starting soon screen to a full face cam where I greeted and introduced the stream. I saw my chat start filling up with people. I wasn't as popular as some of the others but I did have a decent following and I was more than happy with that.