32

I was standing in the kitchen, as Avery walked in. I hadn't spoken to her in around a week, which was weird for us. Her and Jameson were doing something and Grayson and I were trying to figure out what.

"Where are you going?" I questioned, as Avery packed an apple and some water into her purse. She was dressed up in sparkling football (the American version, because they can't choose a new word .-.) clothes.

"Football game, apparently I own a team." she stated, as Alisa followed her inside.

"You both own one each, you've got a game next week." Alisa turned her head towards me, as I groaned.

"I do?"
"You do." she stated blandly and followed Avery outside again. I groaned at the fact I had another game I had to go to. Honestly I was not bothered.

*

"We will not be putting humongous bows onto our children." I stated, as Grayson complained.

"But it'll look adorable."
"We're not doing that, Grayson!" I said annoyed, as the door was slammed open. Avery stood there with a grim expression, as Jameson stood behind her confused.

"Out." she pointed towards the door, which was now behind her. Grayson looked towards me confused, as I shrugged.

"Why?" he questioned.
"Out!" she said loudly, as Grayson grabbed his phone and left, dragging Jameson with him. They closed the door behind them, whilst Avery started pacing in front of me.

"What's wrong?" I asked, as she sat down onto my bed.

"Dad was in the crowd." she stated, as my mouth dropped open.

"Rick-"
"Yes, he was there." she stated again, as I rubbed my temple. "But-"

"I don't know why. I didn't talk to him either. But he's trying to get to us." she stated again, as I sighed.

"He's going to turn up at my game next week as well isn't he." I stated more than questioned, though she just shrugged.

"Most likely." Silence filled the room, as I thought. He was really trying to come and get our money again. Money we hadn't even been legally handed yet. And it was billions. Not millions, billions. If he somehow found a way around the rules and managed to find sone way of being a legal guardian and then taking our money we were screwed.

"Did you tell Jameson?" I asked, as she shrugged.

"Kind of."
"Kind of?" I raised an eyebrow, as she let out a laugh.

"I more like yelled about how shit our dad is and then stormed over here. Do you think he's told Grayson?" she looked over, as I nodded. "One hundred percent."

The silence filled the room again. This was just a mess.

*

"I need you to stop Ricky from getting into my football game next week." I said, as Avery and I entered the library, where Alisa was stood with the rest of the family. We had been searching for everyone for about 30min which was getting ridiculous.

"Ricky?" she questioned.
"Our dad." Avery answered, making me cringe internally.

"Is he a threat?" she asked, as I shook me head no.

"Not a threat. But he's most likely out to try and get our money. He's been doing that since we've been even earning a drop of it. I got my first job at nine in a restaurant, got paid about 2$ an hour. In the end he took about 90% of my money. " I said annoyed, as she nodded.

"I'll look into it. Can't promise much though." she said looking slightly worried. I only nodded, as Avery pulled me with her back outside.

"Where are we going?" I asked, as she smiled over.
"We're going to go and find Libby."

*

We found Libby in her room, Nash by her side, as they both did some type of work, which was weird to see.

"Libs, we need to talk." I said, as Avery nodded. Libby shooed Nash out of the room, as he just shook his head with a grin. The guy didn't take anything seriously.

"Sit." she patted her sheets. Avery and I shared a look, as Libby groaned.

"The sheets are safe!"
"If you say so." I followed Avery and we sat on the corner, as Libby just shook her head.

"Ricky's trying to get our money." Avery stated, as Libby groaned. "Again?"

"He was at my football game. He's going to be at Lieta's as well most likely. We've told Alisa but she's not sure there's much they can do." Avery said, as Libby shook her head.

"Why do we have such a deadbeat father?" she questioned, as we all shrugged.

"We had a great childhood." I said sarcastically, as they all laughed.

"It was good with mum." Avery said, as I nodded.

"Your mum was cool." I agreed, as she shook her head.

"Our mum. She was ours." Avery smiled, as I leaned my head onto her shoulder. I looked at both of them. These were my sisters.

(2/7/23)