Chapter 13: New Friend

N's POV:

I wonder why V looks at E weirdly. Is it because of me? Does V like E or does she hate E? "Uh N?" E looked concerned. "Oh sorry, I was just thinking about something. Anyways here is the spire made of corpses. And here is the pod." We then entered the pod. "It looks like a mess." E said. "Yeah it is. But look at the buttons and that concludes our tour." I said. "So what now?" E asked. "We just wait until J and V get back." I answered. "Can't we do anything while we wait?" E asked, she had a bored expression. "I know since it will take awhile for J and V to get back. Want to explore the city?" "Sure I love doing anything." I said, I finally made a friend. We then left the spire to explore the city.

A few moments later:

As we are exploring the city I stumbled upon the corpses of the two things that V killed 2 days ago. "What are those?" E asked, she had a very curious look on her face. "I don't really know. They just appeared and V killed them. They kinda creep me out" I said, I really didn't know what those things truly are. I then noticed the neon pink liquid oozing from the corpses and well curiosity got the better of me. I touched it with my hand and was about to licked off my fingers. "Um N, I don't think you should be drinking that. You might die." E said with a concerned look on her face. I then wiped off of me using my coat. "What else should we do?" I asked. "How about we talk about ourselves. My squad was assigned to another city. There was A, our leader, he is very cool and smart. And C, he likes to toy with his victims, he was so cool and awesome....." E then stayed silent "what's wrong?" I asked. "I m-m-miss them so much." E started crying. I don't know what to do. I feel so bad for her so I'm just going to comfort her. I patted her on the back in an attempt to comfort her. She then cried into my coat.

V's POV:

No matter how many Workers I kill, I still can't stop thinking about N and E. E is stealing your N from you. Stop her. Get rid of her now. The voice came back. But maybe I'm just overthinking it. Maybe E isn't a threat. "V! Stop spacing out and do your job!" J demanded in an annoyed tone. I then spread my wings and flew around in search for more worker drone. I then spotted N and he was patting E in the back . My anger and jealousy is immeasurable. How dare this E come to this squad and start being intimate with N, "What happened here? Why aren't you back at the spire?" J asked. "Ewantedtolookaroundandsowedidandthenshestartedcryingaftershetalkedabouthersauadandnowi'mtryingcomforther" N said really quickly in a panicked voice. Don't you see. E is taking our N from us. Look at how much N started caring for her. The voice is very convincing. "Come on, it's getting late. Let's go home." J said in a tired voice, she then spread out her wings and flew. N and E followed suit. What is this feeling....is it jealousy, envy? Why do I feel it whenever I see N and E together?

When we got in the spire J went to sleep, E followed, and N asked me "What are your feelings on E? You kinda look at her weird." Is he starting to like E? How am I going to win him over? "I just don't like her." I said with a cold tone. Fine, this is where I'm going to confess my feelings to N. Here goes nothing, finally N will be mine. "N, lat-" I was cut off by J "go to sleep now! I don't want to hear you guys while I'm trying to sleep!" J said it with a cold and harsh tone. I had to resist the urge to shoot J in the face with a missile. But I had to comply with orders. One day, N will be mine and mine alone. But what to do with E? I eventually drift off to sleep.