Chapter 20

Jackson

It's Saturday morning and I don't have practice because it's spring break but I need to workout. I feel like my head is going to fucking explode.

Not from drinking though.
Because I can't get that fucking kiss with Ameeriah out of my head.

I don't know what got into me yesterday, but after she told me that Ryan was catching on to us not actually dating, it made me what to fucking prove it to him.

I mean, we aren't actually dating but he doesn't need to fucking know that.

The only way that I could think of to make him believe that we were together was to kiss her but I wish I would have never fucking done that because she was perfect.

She was effortless and every move she made was—
I'm going on a run.

I gotta get her out of my head.

Because if I think about her then I think about kissing her and if I think about kissing her then I think about—
Nevermind.

That kiss meant nothing, especially for her.

I grab my headphones and head out the door until I walk to the track we have beside our complex.

Every stride I take I feel my chest burning more and more.
With every breath that becomes harder to take, my legs start to feel numb.

I feel the sweat dripping down my face but I just keep going faster and faster.

At the speed I'm going, I collapse after I hit the three mile mark.
My breathing is so rigid and uneven and my chest is burning so bad and I can barely feel my legs but I feel good. Mentally, I mean.

Physically I feel like I need to go into a coma.
I've never ran that fast in my life.

After I pick myself up to walk back to the apartment to take a shower because I'm drenched.

I feel the coolness of the air when I walk through the door and head straight to the fridge to down a water bottle before hopping into the shower.

I let the hot water run over my body, watching the steam leave the shower and fog up the bathroom mirror. Glancing down at the drain, I watch the water draining, imagining it taking every thought I have about that kiss down with it.

By the time I'm out, I feel a lot better.
I head home for spring break today and so I start packing what I need to bring with me to drive home.

I think a little bit of a break from seeing Ameeriah will do me good.

✧∘* ˚.
Thanks for reading!
In honor of The Summer I Turned Pretty season 2 coming out this Friday, are you team Conrad or Jeremiah? TEAM CONRAD ALL THE WAYYYYY