1.

Archer Davis and I were born in the same hospital on the same day at the same time. From a young age, our parents knew we had a special bond. And by that I mean we were inseparable. We made it a habit to sneak out to see each other at least twice a day and actively plotted revenge on the other children of the neighborhood. They were mean to us because we were different. We were alone. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

~

By the time we were ten years old, Archer and I had a mutual agreement. We were best friends until the end.
Of course, best friends at ten doesn't seem like a big deal but even then, we could feel the universe pulling on us, drawing us toward each other without explanation. The next three years were uneventful, and that means boring. Archer and I had more schoolwork and less time to see each other. Or, that's how it was supposed to be. Archer trumped my homework any day.
He is an incredible specimen, with black hair and blue eyes and an ever-present intelligence sparkling in them. But he is calm. He is like the still of night when not even the crickets dare chirp.
Words to describe him: cool, introverted, intelligent, content, blue (the color.. he is hardly ever sad).
But if he is blue, I am orange. Or red. Or maybe a bright yellow. I am hot headed, artsy, and a little bit all over the place. I am blonde, with eyes that, like me, haven't quite decided their color.
We are opposites in almost every way. But somehow, everything that shouldn't work about our friendship, does.
Thats all it is, too. Friendship. I love Archer with all my heart, he is my soul mate. But not that way. I have never been attracted to him, nor has he ever been attracted to me. The way we love each other is too profound for most people to understand. But that's ok. They don't need to.
The universe understands.