5.

I leaned back in my chair and stretched my arms up to the sky. I should still be freaked out, I should be crying or sweating or something, but for some reason I just wasnt anymore. I felt like someone in the movies, someone who finds out their fate is to save the world and they are the most important person in the universe.
Archer was staring at me, a look of doubt hidden in his blue eyes. "Must you have such a smug look on your face?"
I shrugged and smirked. "Hey, this is the singular most interesting thing to happen to me in my life. Im allowed to be a little smug. We can communicate with our thoughts, Archer... we are freaking gods!"
I didnt realize I had stood up or that I was attracting the attention of basically the entire room. All I knew was that for a moment, I felt invincible.
"Solace, first of all, sit down." I conceded, my feathers slightly ruffled. When I was calm-ish, he continued.
"Second, I honestly think we are getting ahead of ourselves. I got way too excited about the goddess thing before. We dont have any confirmation except that we can read each others minds. And as interesting as that is, it doesnt mean we are immortal rulers of the universe."
Dammit. My parade was thoroughly drenched, torrential downpour, Hurricane Archer coming through.
I sighed. Of course he was right. I just thought, maybe... I thought maybe for once I was special, instead of just weird.
I wiped the tears I didnt notice were falling off of my cheeks. I was a very emotional person, I couldn't keep them in even over the littlest things.
Archer took my hand over the table. He leaned over and wiped away another tear and I leaned into his touch. I closed my eyes and smiled faintly, cupping my small hand over his larger one. We stayed like that for a moment, until Archer softly hit my cheek, waking me up from my happy daze and making me grin like a fool.
"Now what do you say we get something to eat?" Archer playfully tapped my nose and I scrunched it up at him. I was laughing now, my disappointment all but forgotten.
"I think that's a fine idea sir." He gave my hand a final squeeze and turned away toward the cafeteria line. I watched him saunter off, far too pleased with himself.
I breathed deeply and smiled at his back. Man, I loved Archer Davis.
Archer stopped where he was and turned slightly, catching my eye.
I gazed at him with my goofy grin, and he stared straight back.
I love you too, Solace Mink.