𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 44

♪ I wanna rock out to Billy Joel
And flip our kids off when they call us old  ♪

Claire Leclerc POV

Being pregnant has been a challenge, I was constantly nauseated, and some scents made me want to throw up. Max had to stop using most of his colognes because I couldn't stand the smell. It's been 3 months, I am barely showing which we found odd but the doctor was quick to explain that most women only start showing in the second trimester, which I already entered.

I looked bloated and summer break did wonders because I felt so good without having to travel around, we just spent half of the time in Monaco and the other half with his family in The Netherlands, which was awesome. 

Max and the doctor decided to forbid me from picking Olivia up because she was way too big and heavy, which I agree with. Plus she is at the age where she doesn't even want to be picked up unless she is tired.

Now, summer break has ended and two races very dear to Max were next. Belgium, where he grew up, and The Netherlands, where his home race is and the place he considers home. I will surprise him with the gender reveal on the second one. I had this whole plan that was focused around on his win so I really want him to win.

He has just won in Belgium so we are now at a rented house hanging out before the craziness of another weekend settles in. The beach is nearby and we are just having fun. Both our families are here, Daniel and Lando are here too because they are good friends.

"Max" I call out as I was laying on the sun lounge and watching Victoria playing with the kids.

"Are we using government names now? Oh, okay. What do you need Claire?" He asks with some outrage in his voice and I try not to laugh.

"I call you Max all the time" I defend myself because I didn't insult him even thought he made it seem like I did.

"Liar. You haven't called me by my name in months. I won't answer by it" He says as he turns around to head back inside.

"Max! Come back!" I ask but it's useless. "Maxie!"

"What does my gorgeous girlfriend need?" He asks turning back with a smile and I roll my eyes.

"Can you bring me something cold to drink? I am dying out here and I am too lazy to get up" I pick up the empty glass and give it to him.

"Yes Ma'am. I will be right back" He kisses my forehead and he goes back inside the house.

"He is getting spoiled" Heidi says and I laugh.

"He is a child deep down. I think he can finally be himself without any fear" I say as I looked inside and saw him laughing with the guys.

"Here you go. I brought you one too" He says giving a new refill to Heidi too which surprises us both.

"Thank you Max. You didn't need to" She says taking it from his hand with a huge smile.

"No problem" He put my hair behind my ear and kisses my cheek softly. "Love you baby" He whispers while looking into my eyes.

"I love you too, my love" I say with a foolish smile. 

Being with Max is like being in heaven. I don't care what people say about him, he is genuine, he is a gentleman, and he has an inner child that makes me fall in love with him. He is my soulmate, I really do believe it. I've never felt so loved and valued. Inside or outside of his job I know what his priorities are and I love him for it.

"I am glad you came back this year. I've never seen Max this happy" Sophie says as she watched her son enter the house and I smile.

"He truly does look happy" I say proudly. 

"He is in heaven. You make him so happy and Olivia is so happy too" Sophie says sitting in the middle of us in the grass.

"Mommy! Can you watch me swim? You taught me" She asks excitedly.

"I want to watch it too" Lando says excitedly and I notice the guys were outside again.

"Why? Don't you know how to swim?" Olivia asks putting her hand on her waist and I try not to laugh.

"Will you teach me?" He asks with the same sassiness she gave it and everyone was entertained.

"I'm the only option. Dad is not good at teaching and you can't be close to my Mom. My Dad is very jealous" She explains calmly and starts walking to the kids' pool.

"I am not jealous" Max's smile disappears as he tries to defend himself.

"Of course you aren't my love" I say sarcastically.

"Well. I think I would have every right. He kissed you" He makes sure Olivia didn't hear and I roll my eyes.

"Be careful. Who knows what else we did before I got together with you? I love London after all" I leave the doubt in the air and follow my daughter to the pool so I could see how well she was doing.

"I can be a mermaid now. I can swim" She says excitedly.

"You are the prettiest mermaid ever" I say proudly as I sat on the edge of the pool and Max joins me.

"You were kidding, right? You would've told me if anything happened with one of my best friends" He almost whispers and I shrug.

"Why would I tell you?"

"Because I'm your boyfriend now and I happen to work with him"

"I never had anything with Lando. Don't worry baby" I say kissing his cheek and I notice his breath of relief.

"Don't do me like that. I don't like to be the jealous type" He says right before he got in the pool and I smile as I watched him and Olivia playing.

"You know you are the jealous type right?" I ask as he came in my direction.

"Yeah, but not because I'm insecure. I just look at you and you are the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen and other men will feel the same, I trust you but I don't trust them" He says as he positioned himself between my thighs, it was such a low pool that we were now face to face.

"I am jealous too and I'm not insecure. I like seeing you in your jealous moments. You look hotter than usual" I wrap my arms around his neck and I kiss him.

"You look pretty hot while pregnant with my baby" He whispers in my ear right before kissing my neck and I could melt in that moment.