Chapter 55

The letters stopped coming. First Draco would send them every week, and then every two weeks, then she was lucky to get one at least a month, then they just stopped.

"Madeline are you alright? You seem very quiet." Her father asked, she looked up from her breakfast plate nodding. 

"I'm fine." She answered, 

"She's just sad that she's going to miss me." Grace, her sister, said. Her sister knew everything about Draco and knew her sister was worried about seeing him again.

"Yeah, I am." Madeline answered,

"Don't you like your boarding school?" Her mother asked Grace, 

"I mean it's not Hogwarts." Grace said, as Elijah strolled into the dining room. He had grown taller than Madeline now, and she was not loving it.

"Your late," His father said,

"Oh, come on Dad. I'm only 20 minutes late." He answered, picking up his fork.

"He's making sure he looks good for Daphne." Madeline smirked; her brother threw her a dark glare. 

"I always look good," 

"Sometimes I wonder why you're not a Slytherin." 

---

Ten minutes later Michael and Jackson walked into the dining room, they bowed to the family, looking exhausted.

"Dad maybe you should give them the day off they look exhausted." Madeline said,

"Why thank you. I always feel amazing when someone says I look exhausted." Jackson said, taking off his helmet. 

"I was being nice." 

"Are you two ready to go?" Michael asked, Madeline and Elijah nodded, whipping there mouths with a napkin before standing up. They said goodbye to their family before walking out with the guards.

"Michael," Madeline said, Michael looked down at her.

"Yes?" 

"Has Draco owled you at all?" Michael shook his head, as he held open the door for her.

"No, I'm very worried about him. I've owled him but haven't gotten any response." Madeline nodded as they got outside. The driver has just finished loading there bags into the car, as they got outside. Jackson opened the car door for them, and they got in, heading towards King's Crossing station.

---

"Now, send Daphne my love, and I'm going to go find my friends." Elijah said,

"You're not going to come bother her for a couple of minutes?" Madeline asked, rasing her eyebrows at Elijah. 

"Oh, I plan on stopping by later. I've just got to go force Louis to give me the 20 galleons he owes me." Elijah explained, he waved goodbye to Madeline before walking to the front of the train. Madeline could see several third years, and second year girls glancing out the window to see him pass.

"Gross," She muttered under her breath, before heading to the back of the train. 

Daphne, Theo, Blaise and Draco were already in the compartment when Madeline found them. Daphne jumped up and hugged Madeline.

"Madeline! Your here! Finally!" Daphne said, as Madeline stared at Draco, who stared out the window.

"Yeah, Eiljah took a long time getting ready." She said, as Daphne let her go, but Draco still hadn't looked at her, he kept his eyes trained on the window, he could see Michael smiling at him from the window.

"Draco," Madeline said, she put a hand on his arm. He looked up at her, his eyes were hard and distant.

"I haven't heard from you in weeks now," Draco still didn't answer, the tension in the compartment was growing and Madeline swore she could see Blaise, Daphne, and Theo glancing at each other nervously.

"Madeline-" The compartment door slid open, and Parkinson walked in, a smirk plastered on her face. She narrowed her eyes at Madeline.

"Why are you touching my boyfriend?"

"What?" Madeline said, as Parkinson sat down next to Draco.

"Haven't you heard the news? Draco and I got together over the summer." Madeline looked at Draco, waiting for him to deny it.

"Draco?" She asked, her eyes filling with tears.

"I'm sorry, Madeline." Madeline couldn't stand to be in the compartment any second longer, she tried to blink away the tears that were threatening to fall at any moment.

"Madeline, wait-" Daphne shouted but she had already slammed the door shut behind her, and was rushing to the changing rooms with Daphne right on her heels.

She walked into the changing room whipping the tears from her face. Daphne shut the door behind them.

"Madeline it'll be okay-" Daphne said, but Madeline shook her head.

"How! He didn't even breakup with me, he just ignored me! And made Parkinson! Parkinson his girlfriend!" Madeline shouted, using her sleeve to whip away the tears.

Why do they keep coming? Madeline thought.

"Think about it Madeline! It doesn't make sense! Draco's been basically obsessed with you since you first got here!" Madeline shook her head, not believing a word Daphne was saying, before she leaned against the wall, and slid down, sitting on the disgusting floor. Daphne sat down next to her, putting an arm around her. Madeline put her head against Daphne's shoulder.