Chapter 9: Act 2: (The Servant and The Bitch)

"Who are you?" Gilgamesh who had been silent suddenly spoke up as both the girls realized there was someone else other than me.

———————————————————

Both girls had simply stared at my father for a moment before the older girl realized who she was standing in front of and bowed and pushed her younger sister into bowing.

"F-Forgive me and my youngest sister your Majesty and your highness for our intrusion into your noble garden." The older girl spoke as she was nervous and clearly not expecting to run into us here.

"I asked who you are, child." Gilgamesh repeated once more as he narrowed his eyes but he was a little more patient perhaps at the fact these were children but regardless Gilgamesh had little tolerance for having to repeat his own words even to kids.

"Forgive me... I am Omarosa, the first daughter of Belteshazzar one of your majesty officers and this is my youngest sister Enlil..." the girl now known as Omarosa introduced herself and her sister while still bowing down and keeping her hand over her chest.

"Hmph... you two are Belteshazzar daughter? I wasn't aware he had daughters other than that one girl..." Gilgamesh eyes narrowed down more in face of this new information and honestly I didn't blame him because even I didn't know about that officer having other daughters other than Ninlil who I guess was Belteshazzar middle daughter.

'But he named his youngest daughter after the god of wind and storm while Enlil wife name was Ninlil who also had similar abilities but.... Why name both your children after them???' I couldn't help but confused at this odd revelation while the oldest girl name, Omarosa, seemed to stand out in her own way as it wasn't related to the gods at all.

'Maybe officer Belteshazzar is just a very devoted man... or maybe his wife named them...' I crossed my arms and couldn't help give a bit of a puzzled smile at the situation and looked back at Gilgamesh who had a blank face.

"We're you the one who brought Enlil here?" Gilgamesh asked clearly wanting to know why they are here in the king's garden but Omarosa kept calm.

"No it my younger sister Ninlil who brought our youngest sister to this garden but when Ninlil came back without Enlil I was worried and came to look for her..." Omarosa replied steadily and she kept on bowing so props to her for being so calm.

"I do not care either way, leave this garden and do not return." Gilgamesh scoffed at the girl explanation and turned his back.

"... yes your majesty...." Omarosa said quietly but I can clearly hear a rather sad tone in her voice but I don't know why.

"Come Athanasia we are done with these people." Soon my dad voice snapped me out of my analyzing of the sisters.

"Yes father" I said as I walked over to Gilgamesh and we walked away from the girls but we didn't say anything which was a bit of a contrast with how me and my dad were talking earlier.

"..."

"... you know, I heard rumors of Ninlil trying to become a priestess... but why are Belteshazzar other daughters forgotten..." I trailed off near the end of my sentence feeling a bit sad

"Fools will be fools I suppose and nor not can I answer as to why Belteshazzar would chose to do such a thing but that does not concern me and nor should it concern you." He merely scoffs at my words but I honestly don't think that I could NOT be concerned.

'Both Omarosa and Enlil are practically forgotten by people just like Athanasia from the Lovely Princess novel... and just like me in my first life...' I hung my head a little dejected remembering my life back in South Korea and the story of Lovely Princess...

'Lovely princess though... was it really just a story though—?'

'The forgotten first princess'

For a moment, something in my mind clicked. Like I was remembering something I had forgotten.

"—nasia... Athanasia!" Suddenly Gilgamesh yelling brought me back to where I was.

"Huh?" I quickly looked around and I was still in the garden and my dad was still here so... what was that?

"What is wrong with you? I kept on calling your name yet you did not answer me?" Gilgamesh said looking upset but I could see a hint of worry in his eyes.

"It's nothing, I was just wondering if I should get you something for your birthday..." I quickly made an excuse for my behavior as to not worry Gilgamesh but he simply narrowed his eyes and ultimately chose not to ask any further which was a bit of characteristic for him but it was nice that he could restrain himself when needed.

"I do not need anything from you that I don't already have." Instead he huffed and turned the other direction  and started walking away leaving me feeling slightly insulted.

"You could at least pretend to want something!!" I yelled back at him and ran up to catch up my dad while he turned his head a smirked.

"The only thing I want for my birthday is a beautiful woman to bed and a cup of Wine." His response left me horrified and sick frankly.

"Eww... I didn't need to know that you disgusting man." I replied back feeling rather repulsed by my own father words.

"Who are you calling 'disgusting?' You little brat!" Gilgamesh didn't take took kindly to my words as he immediately brought his fist down on top of my head which hurt but not enough to actually injure me badly.

"Owww!! You have no manners! Daddy!!" I yelled out as I held the back of my head in pain and  just had to get back at my dad for dealing such a painful blow to my head.

"Stop being dramatic, I know that did not actually hurt you and what have I told you about calling me that?! I told you to call me father!" He yelled back  his own ire at me for calling 'daddy' or 'dad' but for me it felt way better than just calling him 'father'

"It means I care for you! Besides I call you father in front of other people, let me call you dad when it's just us!" I crossed my arms and turned away from Gilgamesh and right now I was probably acting like a little kid but currently I am one so it wouldn't hurt to pretend.