add a splash of milk.

Miguel left shortly after finishing his coffee. He wanted to stay a little longer but Lyla kept pinging his comm and in the end, the two of you parted ways.

With 10 AM swiftly approaching, you decided to prepare everything for the day. First, you hid the 'evidence' of your little test back in its rightful place. You couldn't just leave a bunch of bags on the counter.

After that, you went around and made sure that you're stocked up on everything you need. Coffee beans were no issue, and neither was milk (all five variants of it). You noticed, however, that you are running low on vanilla syrup and biscuits. You made a mental note to get some at the store later.

The cafeteria slowly, yet surely started filling up with spider people. Not all of them stopped by your coffee joint (curse you, Spider-Burgers), but a line was formed non the less.

You always had the biggest traffic during the morning hours. A big majority of the spider people crowding your joint still looked half asleep, and you tried your best to serve them as quickly as possible. Sadly, because of that, you couldn't allow yourself much small talk.

After what felt like days (2 hours), the crowd finally dispersed.

You sigh with relief and take a seat on a small stool you have put away in the corner. You take out your phone, but as you're about to unlock it, someone calls your name.

"Hello, special delivery!" You quickly snap your head in the direction of the voice and just as you hoped, Peter™ is standing there in all his glory. He looks just as tired as ever. His pink jumper fell off his right shoulder, and in his arms-

"Mayday! My favorite customer!" You go over and take the child out of her father's arms, giving her a big hug. "Oh how I missed you, you're such a cutie patootie." You squeal, kissing her on the nose. The baby giggles and you couldn't be more in love. "...oh, and hi Peter."

"Yeah, hello to you too." He laughs. "No hard feelings, I know the effect Mayday has on people." He leans on the counter and takes out his phone. "Wanna see the new pics we took of her? We went to New York's State Fair yesterday." You nod vigorously and go to look at his screen. While you do that, Mayday escapes your grasp and moves to your shoulder, clutching your hair not to fall.

"Ok so, here she is eating ice cream - she just loooves chocolate mint. "He swipes. "Ooh, this one is great - her first ride on a merry-go-round!" The three of you spend some time looking at the pictures. You love seeing Mayday in all forms, but you must admit that watching a slide show of family photos makes you feel a little bit lonely. You'd like to go to the fair with someone.

God, can your brain stop? You shake your head and Mayday falls right back into your arms.

"Aight, go back to your daddy, I need to make you two some drinks." You look back at Peter. "The usual?"

"Yep! Ain't feeling adventurous today." He puts his child back in the baby holder. "Actually, you know what? Could you make it a little stronger than normal? I'm having a meeting with Miguel later and I have a feeling I'm gonna need some extra energy for that." He chuckles.

"That thing with Earth-8311?" You ask as you fill-up the water reservoir with fresh, cold water.

"Yea, the-" Peter stops, looking at you suspiciously. "...How do you know that? That information is classified." He asks in a serious tone.

"Miguel told me." You answer, not even looking up from your work. You start grinding the coffee beans, but look up after the man continued to be silent. Now he's looking at you with disbelief. "...What?"

"He told you." Peter repeats as if he's having trouble grasping the concept of basic human interactions.

"Yes? What, was he not supposed to? It's not like I'm gonna tell anybody." You stutter, as you start to get nervous. You don't want to get in any trouble.