⇢ 06. belgian waffles

TWO GHOSTS.
06. ❛ belgian waffles.

"MAMMA?" JULES PEAKED her head through her mother's room. She had woken up a little while ago, and she was hungry, so who better to ask for food than her mum? "Are you asleep?"

"Mamma?" Jules called out again and walked into the room, climbing up onto her mum's bed and seeing that her mother was, in fact, asleep.

"Mamma." This time, Jules had crawled atop her mum and poked her cheek, then forcefully opened her eyes, trying to wake up her mum, "Wake up, wake up, wake up! I'm hungry."

"Hello, hungry, I'm Mamma." Sofia snorted as she slowly woke up, turning her head to look up in her daughter's wide green eyes. "Now, shush, I'm trying to sleep."

"But I'm hungryyyyy." Jules dragged out and dramatically fell forward on her mom, cuddling her way into her mother's side, "The sun is awake, so I'm awake, and that means my tummy is awake, so that means my hunger is awake."

Sofia rolled her eyes and pulled her daughter beneath the thick duvet, snuggling close to her as she peppered kisses all around Jules' face, "But I'm not awake."

"Yes, you are, mamma." Jules poked her mum's cheek again as she threw her leg over her mum's waist to hug her like a koala, "You're talking to me, so you're awake. Come make me food. Don't even think about going back to sleep, Mamma."

"But you're a little heater, and it makes me feel so cozy and warm." Sofia chucked and placed her chin on top of her daughter's mop of blonde hair, closing her eyes in the process.

Jules pouted and made her voice higher, "Pleaseeeee?"

"No," Sofia grumbled with a smile slowly starting to peak through. Of course, she was going to make breakfast, but she loved to give her daughter hard times sometimes.

"Yes."

"No.

"Yes."

"No."

"I'll throw a fit at your work and embarrass you."

Sofia pulled back and raised her eyebrows, looking at her daughter's serious face, "Sei serio? (Are you serious?)"

"No, I'm Jules." She gave a cheeky grin as she looked up at her mum, knowing damn well she won the argument.

"Just like your father," Sofia grumbled under her breath and playfully pushed her giggling daughter's face away as she slowly got out of bed. "Fine, I'll make breakfast, but only if you fix your bed."

Jules smirked as she followed her mum downstairs of their luxurious penthouse, the large windows casting a warm glow, "I already did."

"And did you—"

"I already brushed my teeth, too." She held her chin up high as her mum chuckled, clearly impressed.

"Hmm." Sofia hummed and grabbed her silk robe before tying her hair up in a bun, "You're turning into a big girl already."

"Thank you." Jules giggled and grabbed a blanket from the living room area, wrapping it tightly around her small shoulders as she took a step into the cold kitchen. "Now, what are you cooking?"