𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞

song of the chapter: the greatest by cat powers

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

cecilia rushes around the diner, delivering plates to different tables. she is still frustrated at ethan after the phone call they shared a couple nights before. cecilia understands why he is upset, but at the same time, ethan should have expressed his concern instead of getting mad at her then hanging up.

cecilia gets behind the counter, she rubs the back of her neck. she notices the clasp on her necklace that ethan gave her seems to be getting weak, she needs a new chain. she makes a mental note to change it when she gets home. cecilia looks up and sees her mom and rory walking in, then take a seat and she begins to make her way over.

"hey, guys. what do you want?" cecilia says as she grabs her notepad and pencil, waiting for their response.

"i'm getting pancakes with a side of pancakes. where's luke?" lorelai asks her daughter. cecilia shrugs her shoulders.

"i don't know. i haven't seen him all morning" she responds and writes down the order. lorelai looks up with wide eyes.

"uh no"

"caesar's cooking"

"why is caesar cooking?" lorelai questions

"i don't know" cecilia tells them

"that's bad" lorelai pouts

"his pancakes stink" rory whines. cecilia sighs and rolls her eyes.

"they do stink, but he is the chef right now" cecilia informs them. rory turns to look at her mother.

"well, what do we do? resort to doughnuts" rory questions. lorelai looks at the stairs that leads to the upstair office area aka luke's apartment.

"wait here" lorelai says to rory and she begins to walk to the stairs. cecilia scoffs.

"mom! you can't go up there!" cecilia calls out, but her mother ignores her and walks upstairs anyways. cecilia turns to look at rory, who had a small shy smile on her face.

"i don't get paid enough for this"

: * : , : * : : * : , : * :

"bye luke!" cecilia yells out as she walks out the door, done with her shift for the day. the door closes, jess walks down the stairs with a sigh. he begins to walk behind the counter when a bright object catches his eye. he looks down and sees cecilia's necklace.

he bends down, picking it up. he scrunches his eyebrows and turns toward luke.

"hey, isn't this cecilia's necklace?" he questions. luke sighs and looks at the object in his hands. luke nods his head and points at it.