Chapter 6: Nattie

Chapter 6

Nattie

Zach and I went upstairs to lunch, passing May on the stairs.  She must've been coming from April's room.  We could've taken the elevator, but neither of us felt like it.

I turned to go to the cafeteria, but Zach turned the other way.  "I'm gonna use some of my credits and take you to a nice lunch."

I smiled as we held hands and went towards the mall sector.  I had never been to the mall, except for my first few days.  Zach picked a café place and we sat in one of the high tables by the window.

"So what food would you suggest?" I asked.

"I love the burgers here."

"I could go for a burger," I said with a shrug.  We went up to the counter and ordered and grabbed our sodas.

"What else should I know about you?" Zach asked as we sat down.  "Besides the ninja stars."

"Oh jeez.  Like what?"

"Favorites?"

"Color, blue.  Food, anything really.  But I love Twizzlers.  TV crime shows and action/adventure movies.  And I'm actually really good at softball.  Your turn."

"Blue, chocolate, crime shows, action movies and soccer."

"So we will have a movie night at some point," I said.

"If you want.  Speaking of what you want, what do you want for your birthday?"

I almost dropped my glass.  "Excuse me?"

"What do you want for your birthday tomorrow?"

"How did you know?"

"Janey."

"I don't really want anything."

"Come on.  You have to want something."

"Surprise me."

He smiled.  "Ok."

Our number was called and we walked up to get our food.  Zach was right.  The burgers were great.  I ate my whole burger and all my fries.

"When you said you liked any food, you really did mean all food," Zach said.

I shrugged.  "Gotta get my energy from somewhere."

We spent the rest of the afternoon together.  Zach showed me all these parts of the A1 that I never knew existed.  We were outside on the zip line platform when it started to get dark.

"We should probably head back," Zach said.  "I have one more place I have to show you."

We rode the zip line down to the main building and unhooked ourselves.  Then I followed Zach to the stairs.  After climbing for what felt like forever, we reached a trap door.  Zach pushed it open and helped me up.

We were on the roof.

I looked around.  I could see everything, from the paintball forest, to the zip line, to the parking lot.  It was incredible.

"Wow," I said.

"I know.  No one really comes up here except me."

"And you showed it to me?  For a first date?"

Zach smiled.  "Yep."

"If this was your idea of a first date, I can't wait for the next," I said.

"We could come up here this weekend.  There's going to be a meteor shower."

I smiled.  "That sounds like fun."

"With a moon lit picnic before."

"You're good."

Zach smiled as we sat on the edge of the roof and watched the sun set.  As we held hands, everything was perfect.

~~~~~

I'm trying to work on updating more. Now that school's out I should be working on this more along with my other books. Vote, comment, fan <3