41. KEEP ME CLOSE

Despite the bruises and the scratches, my body felt lighter than air when I woke up in the morning. I stretched my limbs and let out a satisfied yawn and that's when I realized I wasn't wearing anything. Embarrassed, I pulled the sheets on top of me to hide my very naked state.

Once covered, I looked to the other side of the bed, hoping to find Sean there but the bed was empty. A sigh of disappointment left my mouth and that's when I noticed him standing near the window, sipping his coffee.

Smiling, I wrapped the sheets around me and hopped off the bed. Once I reached him, I rested my head against his back and nuzzled into his warm, muscular torso.

"Why don't you join me in the bed?" I offered.

His body stiffened a little and he turned around to face me. I blushed as he looked at my flustered state and my cold body, covered only by a white satin sheet.

Bringing his hand towards my face, he caressed my cheek and I leaned into his touch. "Did you watch TV?" He asked, grazing his fingers along my jaw and then my neck, tickling me during the process.

I shook my head in no.

He walked over to the sofa and turned it on. The news of the capture of Machiavelli brothers played on the screen and he gave me an assuring smile. "Congratulations. You're safe." he said.

"Finally." I said and walked over to him, cozying myself in the empty space beside him. He rested his head in the crook of my neck and nuzzled his nose along the naked skin. "I can go home now." I said.

"Do you want to go home?" He asked, pulling away from me.

"Do you want me to go home?" I asked, smiling.

"No." He said and I blushed. It means he wanted me to stay there with him and possibly start a relationship. The thought made my stomach funny. "I want you to go to London with Lucas." He added.

"What?" I asked in surprise.

"Yes. Living in US would be too risky. You'll be starting a new life in London." He said and tried to touch me again but I pulled back.

"I'm not going anywhere." I said, crossing my arms in front of my chest, securing the sheets tightly.

"It isn't a discussion, Penelope. You are going." He said softly.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Sean Miller?" I groaned as I stood up in anger. "After last night, you're sending me away?"

"Oh so you expected me to marry you?" He said.

"Yes." I said and then instantly regretted. " I mean, not marry me exactly. But we both know there's something between us. We could date. Why are you sending me away?"

"Because that's right for you." He said in his usual finalizing tone.

"Who are you to decide that?" I said, controlling the urge to chuck something at his handsome face.

"I'm the guy your father sent you to. And that's my final decision." He said and stood up, towering over my short built. "Get dressed. We are going home."

As he was leaving the room, I groaned loudly. "I hate you, Sean Miller!!!" He stopped in his tracks for a moment but instead of turning around, he continued walking.

•°•°•

The whole drive back to home went silently as I kept my face stuck to the window. I was furious at him for trying to control my life even when I was out of danger. Just when I thought we were finally getting along together, he decided to drop this bomb and push me away.