Chapter 18: Someone Dangerous

June 2014

You had known Sam and Dean for half a year now, but in reality, the time spent together with them was far less. During the first few months you had known them, they had come and gone on their hunts regularly. And while you missed them when they were away, it was nothing compared to the way you missed them during the month of May and early into June, when they were hardly ever home.

Castiel, their angel friend, whom you still were yet to meet in person, had called them away to the state of Utah, in chase of Gadreel and Metatron. Which had ended badly in that they were still alive, Dean being unable to kill them.

The boys were also called to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, by their friend, Sheriff Jody Mills, whom Dean had once added into your phone's contacts list. Telling you that she would be able to help, if ever you couldn't contact him or Sam. She was having troubles with vampires and a young girl named Alex, who had been living with a nest of them, but had recently tried to escape.

In Chicago, a city you at least knew the name of, Sam and Dean became involved with a number of monster families that were running the city in the shadows. Rather than returning home from Chicago after they had sorted everything there, Sam had called you to let you know they were going back to help Cass as he had captured another angel whom had been working with Metatron.

During all this time, you continued the search for Abaddon on their behalf, using more material found in the archives and the internet. Looking for signs of any demonic activity, like Sam and Dean had shown you to do. Meanwhile ignoring your own search to find answers on your abduction. You were still determined to help Dean as much as you could. The worry that his demeanour had been changing, at least when given the chance to observe it, over the weeks had fuelled you on.

But your searching was pointless. As Sam and Dean found Abaddon another way. Crowley had come though, and you had found out, when Dean woke you up in the middle of the night, knocking on the open door to your room.

You had begun leaving it slightly open when you went to sleep at night, hoping that by doing so, you would be alerted by the boys returning. And on this mid June night, it hadn't failed you.

"Hey Sweetheart." You heard Dean quietly whisper as he nudged your door further open. Peeking his head inside. His knuckles lightly tapped on the wood.

Already awake, you sat up to look at him, your legs still covered by the sheets. You returned the greeting. "Hey..."

The room was dark, besides the light that filtered in from the hallway. And it was hard to see Dean's features as the darkness coming from the wall behind you covered them in shadows. He stepped forward slowly, seeming to question himself as he did so. But you smiled at him, hoping he could see your face due to the light and it must've been enough, because he moved over and sat next to you on the bed.

"Sorry for disturbing you..." He began. "It's just, it's been awhile... We've been so focused on everything else, and..."

You cut him off, before he could continue. "Dean... It's okay... You've been busy..."

Dean leaned in and gave you a hug, his arm wrapping around your back, his hand resting on your arm. "I missed you.." He whispered close to your ear.

Hearing those words were like music to your ears and you chuckled lightly in response. "I missed you too."

Dean cleared his throat and move back to look at you. "I, uh... I killed Abaddon..."

You were surprised by that statement. And you moved your own head to try and look at him better. "You, you killed her? When?"