A is for Answers

S4:E24

A is for answers and the liars are desperate for them. After finding a clue towards where Alison might be hiding, Emily makes contact with her. Alison DiLaurentis tells the girls to meet her so that she can explain everything. Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily travel to New York for answers but they leave with more answers than they could ever imagine and a new heartbreak.

The liars are guided into a room by Noel Kahn as they await the return of their long lost friend. Anticipation and confusion course through the girls as they fail to understand why Alison would trust Noel with her secret and how long he has known.

"I can not believe we let Noel bring us here," Aria admits once Noel finally exits the room. The liars exhale in exasperation of Alison's return and Noel's exit.

"Do we think she's even coming?" Hanna fidgets.

"I don't know, when I saw it was him instead of Ali I thought for sure this was a trap." Spencer processes.

"Probably is and we're just sitting here like geese." Hanna quips.

"Ducks."

"What?"

"You sit like lame ducks, not geese." Spencer further corrects Hanna's statement.

"Okay, well whatever. They both quack." Hanna brushes off.

"Geese honk." Spencer finishes.

"Why would Ali trust Noel Kahn?" Emily breaks up Hanna and Spencer's small bicker with a question that has been plaguing her mind.

"Because he has secrets too." Alison finally enters the room. The girls all meet Alison with various looks of shock, confusion, and adornment. Their best friend is real. She's standing in front of their eyes. Sienna listens from her hidden place. She can't believe this moment is here. She's waited so long to be reunited with her loved ones. She didn't visit Ravenswood with Alison so the girls have yet to see her.

"I want to hug and slap you at the same time," Hanna speaks for them all. It was true. Anyone who loved Alison would share the sentiment after learning of her survival.

"I could use a hug." Tears cluster in Alison's eyes as she hastily pulls Hanna into her arms. Emily's doe eyes sparkle as she pulls Alison in to her tight embrace, realizing that Alison really is here. Aria pulls her in next with a slight chuckle of love and endearment, savoring the moment.

"I'm glad you're here, Spencer." Alison acknowledges her friend who is most likely to hold resentment towards her for staying away.

"Why? I'm the one you can't trust." Spencer laces with guilt and distrust in herself.

"I need your help." Alison admits. "We need your help," she clarifies. The liars share a spark of confusion before a tall brunette enters their view.

"I could use a hug too." Sienna shyly admits. She had been nervous to see the girls again. After over a year away from them, there was no telling what sight would greet her. She lied awake at night imagining every outcome so that she wouldn't get too hurt if they had come to hate her.

The liars revel in their shock. Sienna is alive. The girl they once called their best friend. The person they had learned so many secrets of in the last year. The one they never thought they would see again.

"Oh my god," Hanna mutters as she pulls Sienna into her arms, a tear washing down her face. Hanna and Sienna had always been close. Sienna was the first to approach Hanna out of all the girls and they quickly bonded over fashion. They loved to have movie nights and eat ice cream. Sienna wished that Hanna knew how proud she was of her for taking control of her life and not letting people walk all over her.