Was she at least hot?

The drive home was in fact not a drive home. Rory Gilmore, soon to be Huntzburger, had no home anymore. She supposed she could stay with her mother for the time being but, being the independent woman she was, Rory was reluctant to ask for help of any kind from anyone. Rory turned into Stars Hollow and drove quickly to Lukes for a cup of coffee that she desperately needed. This situation, the Logan and Dean situation, was getting too complicated to think about with the major caffeine headache threatening to burst her head open.

"Hey Luke!" Rory said, walking into the diner and sitting at the bar.

"Your mom said you wouldn't be back till much later tonight? Something about Emily blah blah terrible blah blah." Luke asked while handing her a cup of coffee having already anticipated her needs after year of serving her and her mother.

"Umm yeah decided to duck out early." If Lorelei found out from Luke before Rory told her she'd never hear the end of it.

"Okay well I was going to close up soon so shut the lights off and lock up when you're done." Luke told Rory as he wiped the counter and left.

Rory sat there for a while longer sipping her coffee and though it cleared her headache it did not help her exhaustion which was weird. No matter how tired she was, coffee always gave her a little boost which prompted her to investigate and just like she thought, decaf. Luke had given her decaf. She giggled a little, probably out of deliria and decided to go to Lane's and get some sleep, not having the effort to tell her mother either bit of news. Rory also did not have the emotional availability yet to confront Dean or go back to his house. Not their house his house.

-------------------------------------------------------

Lane had immediately agreed to let crash at her and Dave's apartment for the night without asking any questions. "After all, what are best friends for?"

Rory thanked her and accepted the pajamas that Lane offered since she was still in her fancy dinner clothes.

When Rory had finally settled into bed (or her best friend's couch) she couldn't get her mind to quiet down. Images of Dean kissing someone else, the wedding ring in the cup holder, Being told she would have to marry someone she'd never met or her dreams and her future would be ruined. But, what finally put her to sleep was thinking of Logan, how he'd defended her, consoled her and told her he was there if she needed anything. Maybe they could be friends if that was truly his personality.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Jesus Man. You've really been screwed this time." Colin said, knocking back his drink then signaling for another round. After seeing Rory out Logan had immediately called the car service and had them take him to the rich man's boot, a sister restaurant to the rich man's shoe at Yale., to meet up with his friends.

"Wss sha a last hot?" Finn's Australian accent and the slur of the words made him hard to understand but Logan could guess what he asked easily enough. Typical Finn. But Logan thought about his question. She was very hot. But that was not a word Logan would use to describe her. Rory Gilmore was not what he had expected, smart, witty, and very gorgeous. Since Logan didn't feel like explaining this all to his friends and getting teased he decided not to answer instead taking another gulp of his scotch. The burn felt good down his throat.

Colin also chose to ignore Finn as he usually did, "What are you going to do now?" He asked instead, looking Logan in the eyes.

"I have no idea." Logan said simply. Slumping back in his seat.

"You could find a job now?" Colin offered.

"I can't. It would be bad for Rory," Colin gave him a weird look. "And they would probably fire me later anyways once my Dad told them to."

"You could find a hot Blonde and think about it more tomorrow." Finn suggested in his usual manner slurring his words a little.

"That could work too." Colin agreed with fin for once. Logan thought about it and decided that it wouldn't work. Normally he would have jumped at the chance but Rory's last fiance had obviously betrayed her trust in some way if the wedding ring was any clue (he betted cheating) and Logan needed her to trust him if they were going to be partners. He also maybe just plainly didn't want to hurt her. Logan shook his head and stood up.

"I think I'll just go home. I'm exhausted." Again his friends raised their eyebrows skeptically but nodded eventually.

"Bye mate"

"See ya Logan."

-------------------------------------------------------

Umm hey this is the update some people have been waiting for! It's a whoping 820 words sry bout that