2

Days passed. I was so grateful that I hadn't seen Shawn or my boss. It felt like they were avoiding me, but who was I to complain. I didn't know if I could face either one of them after Shawn heard me fucking his brother. Not to mention, the brother that I fucked was my boss. One thing I did notice, though, was the huge increase in my salary. Just as promised, I was given a raise. I only wished I didn't sleep with my boss just to get it. Now, I felt like a whore who never worked hard to get where she's at.

I was making my way into the building when I managed to catch my boss's eye. He was just exiting his all black, brand-new BMW when we saw each other. My gut told me to look away, so looking away was what I did.

It was cold outside, even though I was wearing the thickest coat I owned. Once I pulled the office doors open, I was expecting to be embraced by warmth. Christmas was nearing, so I thought that's maybe they would crank up the heat for a celebration of warmth. Despite how freezing cold it was, the lobby smelled of peppermint and hot chocolate, and there was a gigantic Christmas tree in the middle, decorated with black, silver, and ivory ornaments. Not to mention the warm light that managed to grasp everyone's attention. Gifts decorated the floor just underneath the bristles of the tree. I was sure the gifts were going to be to foster children, just like they were every year.

"Goodmorning, Miss Nevera!" the receptionist exclaimed from behind her desk. I gave her a smile just before it fell from my face at the sound of the office doors opening. I already knew who was behind me.

"Goodmorning, Mr. Armani," the receptionist said with more enthusiasm as she gleamed behind me.

"Good morning, Miss Keys," he told her. I could hear him clear his throat so I spun on my heels to face him, only immediately regretting it because all I could think about was him inside of me. "Miss Nevera..."

It was the way he said my name. I was becoming utterly obsessed with this man. His eyes found my own as a smile came across his face.

"I have to speak with you. I'll meet you in my office shortly?" He cocked up a brow. My boss sent shivers down my spine as I nodded my head. I tried my best to cover my nervousness up behind a smile, but by the look in his eye, I could tell he had seen right through it.

"Don't worry... I think he's just going to ask you if you'll be attending the party later on tonight? We're celebrating! Mr. Armani closed a deal with a very big company--he bought it out and it's estimated to be worth billions within the next five years," the receptionists gossiped. That was one thing I both loved and hated about the company. I loved to hear the new, latest, juicy gossip, but I hated when that gossip involved me.

If word got out about me not only sucking my boss's twin off, but also having sex with that said boss, and then getting a promotion right after... I would never hear the end of it. I would be known as the office slut. It was so stupid and childish. It felt like I was right back in high school, hiding all the details of my life away or forcing all of my creativity out the door just to fit in.

"Oh, okay, thank you," I told her with a tight-lipped smile. My heels clanked against the clean marble flooring as I made my way to the elevator.

Every step I took, I could feel dread growing deeper and deeper in the pit of my stomach. Pressing the 'up' button on the elevator, I patiently waited for the doors to open. It didn't take long.  A few of my coworkers greeted me as they stepped off the elevator and into the lobby.

I stepped into the elevator all alone and watched as the doors shut in front of me. All I did was press '25' to head up to not only my boss's floor, but mine as well. I didn't understand why I felt so nervous until the elevator began to move. It only had gone up one floor before it stopped, and the doors opened up again.