Chapter 21- Party Hustle

I woke up with Rafe next to me. His arms held my waist tight. I took a few seconds to look at him. He was so handsome, every time I looked at him I saw features that made me get butterflies. His eyes, his hands, his abs, his hair, his lips, wow. I felt so lucky to be his, he was the best boyfriend I could ever wish for. 

Even though lots of stuff was going on, I was really really happy. I had him, that was enough for me. I saw that Pope had texted me to go to the chateau. I wanted to get this fight over with already and I kind of missed hanging out with the pogues, all together. 

I left Rafe a note telling him where I was and what I was doing. Just so he knew. I wore a cute crochet top, it was long-sleeved and multicolored. I paired it with linen white pants and left the house. I took my car and headed toward the Chateau, bracing myself for the arguing that would go down. 

Once I arrived I was relieved to see Sarah, Pope, and Kie in there. Without them, I probably would have immediately left. "Hey," Kie said and ran over to hug me. So did Pope. Sarah saw me hugging them and ran over. "Lil, Jj is so fucked right now. Rafe almost killed him." Sarah said to me while hugging me tight. 

She knew how anxious I was feeling about this. "You're going to be fine, you have me, Pope, and Kie." She whispered in my ear as I entered the house. What Sarah had told me about Jj made me nervous, last night I was too tired to get mad at him for beating Jj up. The way he talked about the fight, I had the gut feeling that Jj was in the wrong for once. 

"Hey," I said walking into the living room where Jj and John B were. I gasped when I saw Jj, Rafe really messed him up. He had cuts all over his face, bruises, and a black eye. "Jj," I whispered softly at his sight. My heart broke, knowing that someone I loved and trusted had done this to him. The same boy that I had seen this morning, that I had looked at with heart eyes. He ran to me and just hugged me, I hugged him back. I missed his presence, the comfort that I found in him. "I'm so sorry," he said to me. I looked at him flustered. "What? Jj no! This isn't your fault. I should be apologizing." I said to him softly. Still hugging him. He shook his head. "No don't. Can we just forget about all of this please?" He said softly and I nodded. "Wait so we're all good?" Pope said with a surprised tone. I nodded and so did Jj. 

Everybody laughed and whooped and we decided to go surfing. I wore a cute green bikini that I had left at the Chateau and Sarah said she had brought my board because she knew we would be surfing. We surfed for a while, and as per usual the waves made me forget everything. The water in my hair, the smell of the ocean, that was my safe space. Surfing brings me so much happiness and I never want to stop surfing. It's definitely one of the things that I enjoy doing the most. I was laying on my board, floating on the water and I heard someone paddling towards me. John B. 

"Hey Johnny Boy," I said to him and he chuckled. "I wanted to apologize for being so pushy about that dare, I really fucked things up," he said to me. 

"You really did, but it's fine, I forgive you," I said to him. 

"And about Rafe, just make sure he treats you right. You really deserve the best." "Thanks, and he does. He treats me better than anyone ever did." I say to him. 

"Yeah, okay," he says, I raise my brows at him wondering what he meant. "Yeah okay, what?" I say with a slightly pissed tone. 

"It's Rafe Lil, I just find that hard to believe. You're my best friend, I care so much about you I just don't want you to get hurt that's it." John B says. "You just don't know him well John B, just trust me with this one?" I say and he nods. He pulls me into a hug and I smile. 

After a while, we're in the car going back. I was driving Kie and Sarah as well, as we were going to a kook party together and getting ready at my house. "I'm kind of pissed at Rafe for what he did to Jj," I say to them. "I agree, he almost killed him," Sarah said.