23|TWENTY THREE

Hell broke loose. Daniyal's eyes twitched at the scene unfolding before him, with the woman who claimed to be Rayyan's wife and the woman who stood in her place as firm as a rock. He had been praying countlessly and endlessly to somehow stop the nikah from taking place and now when his answers were being answered, he couldn't do much but wonder about it. His hands reached into the pockets and curled into balls, eyeing the man who towered behind the woman.

Rayyan's face had paled given that some woman hunted him down and as if she was someone who wasn't supposed to be here at that moment. He laid his eyes on the bag that was on her side- a simple side bag and the one that he had accidentally seen a picture of on Rayyan's mobile phone a few days ago.

"Kya keh rahi ho larki?" Rayyan's mother burst through the crowd to the front to pounce at the woman averring to be her son's wife. Meanwhile the man in accusation showed no movements or whatsoever as he froze in his place.

Daniyal looked at Zaviyar to find him with a faint smile– one that wouldn't have been visible, had the corners of his eyes not been raised up. He was showing signs of contentment and he was showing signs of victory. Tearing his hands out of his pockets, he walked over to the man who was sheltering his funds for the business to stand with him. Taking slow and long strides, he moved to where Zaviyar stood and watched him watch Rayyan in contempt and fury, the kind he never really saw outside from the books Maheen read to him.

"What is this and who is she?" He leaned closer to his side and murmured near his ear in an attempt to get an answer, except his smile widened. Zaviyar shook his head to shrug it off that Daniyal could only think about how he was going out of character in order to align Maheen's present and the future. He let her move on from her but he wouldn't let her move on with an undeserving man.

"Maheen could do much better, he is not really the one. Don't you think so?" He murmured back. The glimmer that shone in his eyes held the glint of evil that he feared because when a man's monster eventually came out of its residing, it wouldn't return until it had its prey. He broke the walls of hell and let the fire hammer all over Rayyan's head.

"Who is she though?"

"Anabiya Baig. Rayyan's wife."

He recollected how he met one of the remarkable employees from the Lahore branch outside his company, contemplating to herself with her resume ready in her hands. Zaviyar, who was leaving after the office hours, saw her and took her documents to go through later that night. That's when the help of God came to him and that's when he saw her being addressed as the wife of Rayyan Baig and that she married him only weeks ago. Furthermore, a man, hailed from a family such as his, would only have to lift the fingers to move the world and before he knew he had the papers of what he suspected, proving his suspicions to be right so he ran. And so he ran behind Anabiya to rein her husband in, to get back at him for what he said and what he was trying to do because a man in agony could settle back but a man in anger, never.

"Is this why you wanted to move here?" He averted his attention to Anabiya who was now wheezing, her tears giving away the pain of betrayal, "So that you can manage having two wives?" Anabiya stared at her husband aghast as he shook his head vigorously- still in a conflict. Rayyan wanted to run to his wife and console her and wipe her tears but he knew that Maheen's family would chop his legs off had they moved an inch closer to the woman.

"Anabiya, leave from here." Rayyan's mother yelled at the girl her son married after looking around and taking a look at the women, including her own family, staring at the girl with mixed emotions.

Heedless to her shouts, Anabiya walked through the entrance and made her way to the cheating jerk of a husband only to slap him across his cheek. A man as prideful as Rayyan was, he didn't say much than to let her do what she wanted to do because this was the woman he wanted, he loved and he would kill for, not knowing the woman he went after had a man who could summon an army of demons in his stance to kill with him and take the blame.