Chapter 13

Now, it was time for the cavalry battle. We were asked to form teams of four. It would get way too much attention if I went with Deku so I looked for other options. Hmm, how about Bakugo or maybe Todoroki?

"Hey, neon lights. Join my team." Bakugo said. Since he was the first one to step up and ask, I agreed. It was me, Mina, Bakugo and Kirishima. ( I put Sero in Deku's team so that he won't be left out)

The battle started and bakugo immediately jumped on the 10 million. He couldn't snatch it because dark shadow pushed him back and Sero tried capturing him, but failed. I created a string from a strand of hair and caught Bakugo and pulled him back.

"Hey, don't be so rash. For the time being, let's amass points and when he's free, we'll charge at him. I believe Todoroki's team will do the same. So two birds with one stone. Just relax, it's not the end of the world if you don't come first."

"IT IS!!!"

"Class A is too simple-minded." At that moment, Monama took the band from Bakugo.

"He got us!"

"What'd you say, bastard? Give that back! I'll kill you!" Bakugo started to snap.

"You're famous, aren't you? As the victim of the sludge incident! Tell me about it sometime. About how it feels to be attacked by villains once a year." Wait, did that really happen? It must've been before I got assigned to our neighborhood. Maybe if I was there.....

"Kirishima, change of plan..." now he had this evil aura around him. I guess he's not phases by the fact that he was attacked by a villain. But it was way more than revenge he wanted. It was more sinister.

"Bakugo, calm down!"

"If you don't calm down, we won't be able to get the points back!"

"Forward, Kirishima!" He yelled. I guess it came down to this.

"Right now, I'm totally calm!" Bakugo tried exploding Monama, but instead received one.

"Wow, what a nice Quirk!"

"That's my..."

"Bakugo, someone has the same Quirk as you, too?" Kiri asked

"Really, such nice Quirks. Mine's better, though." Monama said. If I'm guessing right, he copies quirks. I can't let him get mine. Wait, his hand is moving to Kirishima. So it works on contact. I was gonna tell Kiri, but it was too late.

"What? Mine?"

"The same again?"

"No. This guy copied them." Bakugo explained.

"Well, even an idiot can figure it out, huh? Oh, I haven't seen your quirk there, top scorer." He motioned to me.

"Don't get your hopes up. You won't even be able to."

This wasn't the time for us to argue with them. Todoroki took his chance and encased us in ice.

"Wow! I can't move!"

"Wait a sec!"

"I'll melt it with my Quirk!" Mina suggested as she was trying to melt the ice.

"Hurry!"

"We've got zero points right now! C'mon Mina!"

"Oh, don't get mad at me. You're the one who provoked us, right? What did you say for the pledge again? That embarrassing thing... Let me think...Oh well, you've done enough for today!" Monama said to Bakugo.

"I'll be number one. Number one. Not just first place. I'll take an indisputable first place!" Bakugo said. He sure is determined

One minute left!