ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

WORD COUNT: 969

summary: a casual date night with matt

♤°♥,..♤°♥,.. ♤°♥,..

MATT HAD GROWN increasingly busy over the past few weeks.

His podcast had taken up a lot of his time, and with him and his brothers still putting out videos twice a week, his free-time ran a bit short.

He missed just laying in bed with you. Sleeping in until Nick eventually barged into the room and forced you guys to wake up, going on little drives at night, movie dates - he missed it all.

Deciding that enough was enough, he took a day off. Just for you.

He had planned a mini date over at his house. It was complete with snacks, drinks, a movie and a huge pillow fort that he made earlier in the day.

Little fairy lights were strung up in his room to set the mood. Bowls of chips and chocolate were strewn onto his bed, and cans of soda were set up next to them.

He had your favorite movie set up - ready for you whenever you arrived.

After excitedly picking you up from your house, he practically teleported back to his house, eager to set the date in motion.

"What's the rush?" you giggled as he dragged you into the house, pulling you past Chris and Nick's greeting before you even had the chance to say hello.

"Matt, chill, we have all day."

"And it's still not enough," he responded before opening the door to his methodically decorated room.

Your eyes lit up immediately. His bed was made into a little fort, and a movie was already prepared on his laptop at the edge of the bed. You noticed it was your favorite movie - the same movie that you had been trying to get him to watch for weeks.

"Finally giving in are we?" you asked, referring to the movie that he had denied watching countless times.

He just smiles at you before giving you a kiss on the cheek and urging you to cuddle into the bed.

You climbed in gently, careful to not topple over the pillows or any of the snacks. Everything seemed so perfectly planned out, and your heart clenched at the thought of him doing all of this for you.

After tucking yourself in between the pillows, Matt follows you in, dragging the laptop to sit near you two.

He wrapped an arm around you, hugging you close.

"Ready?" he asked as he watched you nod. He pressed play on the movie and grabbed a few snacks to settle on his lap.

As the movie continued on, Matt began to pay less and less attention. He much preferred looking at your illuminated face, your reactions to the movie causing his heart to race occasionally. You just looked so happy, and never in his wildest imagination did he think he would ever deserve someone as amazing as you.

"What?" you asked as you caught him staring at you.

His cheeks flushed slightly and he looked away briefly.

"Nothing. You just look so pretty."

It was your turn to blush now, heat rising to your cheeks almost instantly.

"So do you," you said.

A wide smile spread onto his face, seemingly brighter than the laptop screen. His smile really could light up a room. With his hair slightly covering his eyes, and the little crinkle at the edge of his eyelids made your heart skip a beat. He really was so pretty.

You leaned in to kiss the tip of his nose.

He kissed your nose back.

Now, you kissed his cheek, one on the left one and one on the right. He copied you again.

Moving to kiss his forehead and temple, he continued to replicate your actions. By the time you had gotten to his jaw, you both were a giggling mess, Matt moving to kiss your jaw too.

"I missed just being with you," you said as you rested your head on his chest, listening to the steady rhythm of his heart.

Matt hummed in agreement. His hands played with your hair, scratching your scalp soothingly every now and again.

"Me too," he whispered.

"Do you like the movie?" you asked.

Matt looked down at you, reveling in how peaceful you looked as you watched the screen.

"I like you," he replied cheekily.

You lifted your head to look back at him again, your noses brushing against each other at the close proximity.

"You only like me?" you said.

He knew you were just teasing, but he rolled his eyes playfully anyway.

"You know I love you, idiot."

You pretended to be deep in thought for a moment before you jokingly responded. "Yeah me too I guess."

Matt gently began to set aside the snacks, putting them on the floor beside him. He edged the laptop to the end of the bed with his foot.

Before you could as what he was doing, his hands dived into your sides, tickling you mercilessly.

You fell back onto the blankets in a fit of laughter.

"S-stop!" you said in between laughs. You really missed these intimate moments with him.

"I won't stop until you say it," he laughed.

He stopped momentarily, waiting for a response. You tried to lean up to kiss him, happy for the pause so that you could catch your breath.

"Don't think you can bribe me with kisses."

And his hands were on you again, playfully digging into your ticklish spots. He loved how your laughed sounded. Not just the casual laugh you would give when something was funny - but your real, unfiltered joy.

"Okay, okay! I love you too!"

Seemingly satisfied, he sat back on his heels, helping you sit up too by holding your hands and pulling you up.

"That's better," he said, finally moving to give you a kiss.

The kiss was short lived, and you yearned for more. You always needed more.

"I think I deserve better than that for enduring your torture!"

With an admiring smile on his face, he leaned in again to kiss you a proper kiss this time, the movie completely forgotten by now.

This was the best date you had in a long time.